This hostel is one of the coolest I have been to throughout trip along the east coast of Australia. The layout is awesome as you are in your own cabins and gives such a chilled, friendly vibe. Everything was very clean and the beds were much comfier than expected. Lots of communal areas to hangout and get to know other backpackers. The nights get a little rowdy so if you're in for some fun and meeting new people, this is the place to do it! It's in the heart of a bunch of cool cafes, restaurants, shops, and nightlife.
Also, the staff was super kind and helpful. We checked out before going on a cruise in the Whitsundays, and when we returned we had a few hours to kill before catching out next bus. They let us hangout in the common areas and even use their laundry room and showers. So helpful as I'm sure some other hostels would charge a day fee.. if you get the chance, stay at magnums!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Whitsundays!!Magnums is a tropical oasis in the middle of the excitement of Airlie Beach. Relax in our beautiful settings or take the short stroll to the famous Airlie Beach Lagoon, Abel Point Marina or Port of Airlie. Magnums is an “over 18 years only” budget holiday retreat in the heart of the beautiful Whitsundays.No need for a cab - Magnums is within walking distance of all the fantastic restaurants, pubs and nightclubs Airlie beach has to offer.Our affordable accommodation styles include dorm rooms, deluxe cabins and private rooms which are all surrounded by beautiful tropical gardens. All of our rooms have air-conditioning and ceiling fans for your comfort. Professionally cleaned linen is provided and our rooms are cleaned daily by our friendly in-house housekeeping team. Magnums’ facilities include a fully equipped shared kitchen and undercover eating area, coin operated washing machines in our laundry, free security deposit service for your security and a free WiFi area, all for your convenience.Our new kitchen/recreation room is now open! We have a 51 inch Plasma TV, games and free Wifi - so it is the perfect indoor entertainment area for your enjoyment. Get some friends together or make some new ones and enjoy a game of volleyball on our sun-filled volleyball court.Want to venture out on a daytrip or an overnight sailing adventure and discover what the Whitsundays has to offer? Magnums has a fully accredited tour desk within our reception area with a large range of tours and activities at very competitive prices. Come and discover Magnums – you will be surprised! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Magnums Airlie Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magnums Backpackers Hotel Airlie Beach
- Magnums Airlie Beach Whitsunday Islands, Australia