“Great flat white and friendly staff”

Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 116 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood, Australian, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar is located just off the main street of Airlie Beach which provides you with a quiet, comfortable and at dinner romantic venue, Located in front of the main walkway to Airlie Central, home to the new Woolworths store. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, (Kitchen operates 7:30am to 9:30pm daily). Fully licensed .... A wonderful place to sit, relax and enjoy wonderful food, great service and good music. Known for the best Coffee in the Whitsundays and home to the unique "Hot Rock" dinning experience, the highest quality steaks and the best ever seafood. Come for breakfast, back for lunch and again for dinner...... It's the best! & We also offer Icy Rocks, frozen Volcanic Rock serving Boutique Ice Cream ... This is as good as it gets! Come and enjoy our new modern Al fresco deck.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We visited while cyclone Iris was off the coast and causing terrible weather, as such Village Cafe was just about the only cafe in Airlie Beach open. Even though it was a (VERY) packed restaurant I am glad we came, and whilst we only had coffee it was a great flat white- the milk was at the perfect temperature and consistency, the staff were so friendly despite being run off their feet. We will definitely be back for an all day brekky (and flat white!) in the near future.

1  Thank Loulouluckylou
Village_Cafe_Rest, Manager at Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi Lou, thank you for the lovely review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your coffee with us on that very busy day! I am glad that you enjoyed the service, and we are looking forward to you returning to try an all day breakfast with us!

Thanks again, Tracy

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Village café : It’s shameful!!!
We went here a rainy day me and my friend, at the beginning we wanted a nourish bowl, that they didn’t have anymore. It can happen, so, we ordered the eggs Florentine on English muffin. After 45 minutes waiting for our eggs, the waitress said me that we had to wait for 20 minutes more.... for 2 eggs.
When the eggs came, finally, it wasn’t that it was written on the menu.
Really disappointed, they give us the money back, fortunately because it was disgusting ! Never again.
I don’t recommend this place.

1  Thank Morgane C
Village_Cafe_Rest, Manager at Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Morgane, I am so terribly sorry that you were disappointed with your experience at Village Cafe. As you know we were extremely busy as we were one of the few restaurants in town that were open due to the bad weather. As a result of this, there was indeed a wait time for the food, however I understand that the time you had to wait was unacceptable. As stated you and your friend both received a full refund to apologise for the wait time. I am sorry that the food was not to your liking when you received it- our hollandaise sauce is freshly made in house and it is a house favourite so I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy it. I would love for you to give us another try and see how great we really are.

Many thanks,

Tracy

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The restaurant wasn't very busy, loads of empty tables, but it still took about 45mins for them to whip up two wraps and some chips (I'd paid for potato wedges but whatever!).

The veg wrap was tasty but nothing special, while it was fairly small... putting it on a large plate and cutting it in half didn't deceive me. Chips were nice.

Pricey for what it was. I wouldn't go back in a hurry.

Village_Cafe_Rest, Manager at Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi there and thank you for your feedback.

I am slightly confused at you saying that the restaurant wasn't very busy at the time when you visited. As one of the few restaurants open yesterday due to the weather, we were extremely busy all day which is why there was a wait time for food (something that was told to all customers when ordering).

I am sorry that you were not completely happy with your experience with us, the vegetarian wrap is one of our best sellers so I am sorry that it wasn't to your taste. With regards to the pricing, our prices are extremely competitive for the surrounding area. I would love to invite you back to give us another try,

I am sure you will see how great we really are!

Tracy

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Finding a cafe or restaurant that serves breakfast when you wake up at 1pm is not always simple, so it made me very happy when I found the Village Cafe around a corner, a bit further away from the main street!

On both my visits I was welcomed with a large smile from a nice waitress at the counter. The menu is simple but substantial.

On my first visit I ordered a french toast and a mocha. The french toast was well made and served with maple syrup. I personally like my french toast with berries, which was absolutely no problem. I rarely get a good mocha, but this time it was well made! Thanks for that.
My coffee was brought to me very quickly and the food followed a short time after.
Water is obviously free and is brought to you if requested.

My second visit was in the middle of a storm, but the outdoor area is well protected. Only the toilets are at the end of a few meters under the rain, which could be a problem if it is raining very hard.
The mocha was really good again, but his time I ordered pancakes. They are served with blueberries and maple syrup and are well sized. The pancakes are more "sturdy" than fluffy (I personally like then fluffy), but where very good.

At the end both meal where really worth it and I would come back if I wasn't travelling north soon.

The atmosphere is really relaxed, the outside and inside areas are really sweet, the food is good and not too expensive and the staff is very nice !
It is true though that you don't get checked on, if you're not calling a waitress, but if called, the service given is excellent.

Cheers,
Raph

(If you could just make the food bell a bit quieter, it would be perfect! But that's probably just me...)

Hi Ralph, thank you for taking the time to give us such a lovely review! I am so glad that you appreciate our all day breakfast and dined with us here twice. It is great to hear that you enjoyed both the food, coffee and the service and it was a pleasure to have you with us! Hopefully you can pop in for a visit before your travel up North.

Thanks again, Tracy.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Great place with hot rock towers! Cook your own seafood on a sizzling 400 degrees stone. Rocket salad and prawns were very good too!

Hi Carolj, Thank you for the fantastic review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your hot rock dining experience with us!

Thanks again, Tracy