“Brilliant food and drinks and superb service”
Review of Portofino

Portofino
Ranked #9 of 65 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Price range: US$18 - US$44
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A family friendly italian restaurant serving only the best local produce. Italian food with an innovative twist. Enjoy al fresco dining opposite beautiful Palm Cove beach. Dine in or takeaway. Fully licensed bar. Restaurant is available for functions and off site catering.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Portefino was definitely the busiest restaurant we passed every night but we eat plenty of pizza and pasta back home wasn’t keen. But tonight was our 7th and last night here in palm cove/port Douglas and we have had either average/crap or overpriced food. Portefino came highly recommended so we booked to dine with them tonight and we left the restaurant full and soo happy!

To start, our host remembered us from making our booking the day before. Warm, friendly and showed no trouble to accommodate when we requested the day bed.

And then my hero of the evening Vittoria arrived. She is what every restaurant needs and every diner dreams off. She guided us on the menu and was confident to tell us (very honestly) when she felt we were going the wrong way. Her recommendations were on point. The tortellini was off the charts and perfectly balanced with the radicchio (I think) with a crunch from the pine nuts (I think).
Vittoria’s service was superb and didn’t skip a bit, hospitality was my life so it makes me happy to find people working in it with passion.

So when they asked me if everything was okay, it was the first time all week I could yes and mean it!! Nothing frustrates me more than paying for crap food. The team that brought us our meals, also extremely friendly and warm. Might I add that the kids meal spaghetti bolognese felt home made.. with juicy chunks of tomatoes and meat. We felt the love. ❤️

Write a ReviewReviews (1,433)

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I have been a few times at Portofino restaurant,this time I had lovely breakfast with glass of Mimosa!Menu with different choices can makes everyone happy. It was very enjoyable.I left the restaurant very full and satisfied. Highly recommended place with friendly staff.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Really nice place for dinner! So glad they renovated the place. It has a fresh new look. Well worth trying. The food is great and the environment is perfect.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We ate dinner here and chose pizzas and pasta. The service was friendly and prompt. My pizza was tasty and the pasta dishes looked fine too. Also looks like a good place to stop for a drink.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Our 3rd night in Palm Cove and so far so good until we hit Portofino. This place would rate 2.5 stars in suburban Sydney and maybe just 1 star in Melbourne, but here it's feted as authentic Italian. Yes, the backpacker serving staff are genuinely trying to satisfy diners, albeit they come from an array of Mediterranean countries, and the menu is vaguely Italian (dumbed down for the eastern suburbs Sydney city visitors with an array of fashionable allergies, daahling) but it's blimming pricey for so-so pizza pasta. But what is wholly unacceptable in any so-called stylish eaterie is the unacceptable state of the women's toilets. 3 of the 4 cubicles were shut as unusable and the 4th was disgusting, after being used as a squat crapper. That left just the disabled toilet or run the gauntlet for the men's. Frankly Portofino, the Council shouldn't allow you to open without adequate bathroom facilities or perhaps it's just too good a money-spinner to worry about the essentials. Shame on you, you've undone the efforts of your kitchen and serving staff.

5  Thank Sean H