See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 October 2014

The rooms are very stylish, cosy, enough space both in the room and in the bathroom. The outdoor pool very big, can swim even now in October - great. Indooor pool smaller, durng wekkeinf there were to much people in it. Great buffet breakfast. WE bought spa package with several treatment, so the price was reasonable but to book separte procedures is too pricey....
We saye there on halfboard arrangement and so we asked a a diet food for our smallcompany in advance. It was confirmed in the booking. After arrival nobody knew anything about that, we tried to discuss directly with the restaurant, but at first moment they did not know what a vegan food relly is and they brought us a fish meal.... But the waitresss maid her best to solve it....I suppose for the next dinner everything will be clear (some remakr by our room), but ther was another shift nextevening and we had to explain about the vegan diet once more....Fo a hotel of such category an price I suppose better service. We stayed 3 nights and a chip card serving as a rooom key has been broken 4 times. We lived very far form reception dest and to g there ask for new card was time consumig and unpleasant - p.e. we stood in fornt of the door in bathrobes onyl and has to go to another building to the desk t get is changed. Wifi did not work one day.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mark K, Manager at Spa & GolfResort Weimarer Land, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2014

Dear Natasha,
thank you for your visit and for your review. I apologize for the inconveniences our service had caused to you, we have already had a teammeeting in order to prevent such confusion again and to keep the servicecrew informed,as we have the opportunity for vegan food.
We hope hat we may have the chance to welcome you again in our Hotel and that you will leave our house as a 100% satisfied regular guest.
Mark A. Kühnelt

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Have any excuse to travel through middle or Southern Germany? I had to bring my daughter to a soccer camp in Bad Blankenberg and found this to be the nicest nearby hotel. I was delighted beyond my wildest expectations.

Far away from the big cities we travelled in Germany, but not far from several lovely smaller towns, lies a resort that will serve as a tonic on any tired nerves or harried life. Nestled in lush green forest, the Lindner Spa and Golf Resort boasted a beautiful golf course to entertain golfers and long enticing paths for hikers and bikers. For me and my family, lounging around (and exercising) in two exquisite infinity pools (indoors and out) was our activity of choice. That and dining!

Our package included a breakfast fit for kings! Often German breakfasts are a little different from our American diets; a little heavy on the cheese and meats. This extensive spread had it all, very healthy and not as healthy (yummy) choices, all offered up buffet style with the service of their impeccable staff to meet your every wish.

The dinners we ate there also were available buffet style, although this might only be on weekend nights when they are busier. The charge was very reasonable, and offered the choice of either partaking of only the soup, salad and dessert buffets, or the full buffet, which included 3 delightful main courses (usually chicken, beef, pork and fish options) and numerous starch and vegitable side dishes. The salad bar options also had meats, cheeses, and enough variety and substance to feed an army. Everything was truly delicious!

We did not have time for spa services. They were booked up the day of, so be sure and make arrangements ahead of time if you know you'll be wanting services. But I can say that this property had all the earmarks of my favorite spa places, namely the lovely oils, scents and body lotions unique to spa resorts. Lindner's Spa and Golf Resort smells so fresh, natural and invigorating. The shampoos, body lotions, hand soap, the air. Even the pools which were sparkling clean did not smell of chlorine, and neither my skin nor hair smelled like chemicals for days afterwards! The pool water outside was cool enough to be refreshing, and inside, warm enough to not even notice you were getting in, perfect all around!

The two best features of Lindner Spa and Gold Resort, however, were the propery itself and the service. It is the service that often leaves the lasting impression about a place. The service here was so extraordinary that I actually looked forward to the opportunity to write a review! We've stayed at many Ritz Carlton hotels around the U.S., and many other fine hotels throughout the world noted for their outstanding customer service. The Ritz has nothing on this resort! The staff was so wonderful to deal with. I phoned from the U.S. a few times to make and change our reservation, and found the eagerness to accommodate so helpful. Once we arrived, all the staff were as professional as could be, while warm and happy to be working there. Anything they could do to please was their pleasure. Most spoke impeccable English, and were most gracious with my attempts to speak the few words I could in German. The staff in every area and service of the hotel could not have been more delightful.

And the facilites. Oh my. The place had been fairly recently done. We could tell it was new, even though it used materials to create an earthy, old world feel. No expense was spared to build the place. They used only the finest materials and absolutely masterful workmanship My husband is in construction, and does very high-end work, so when he is so impressed, that says a lot! The decor was warm, classy, light and airy. It was hard to leave.

I wish I could run away there for the weekend on a regular basis! If only I lived in Europe. But we will return next time we journey over from America. As you can tell, we just LOVED this place!

Room tip: We had a family suite, room 3100. It was the nicest room we've ever had. Windows and full window doors on three sides of the apartment. They may not all have views of multiple directions, but I doubt they would have any room without a fantastic view. The place is surrounded by nature, and well-manicured grounds right there on the property. The infinity pool was one such beautiful view with the awesome sound effects of a continuously babbling brook.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Mark K, Manager at Spa & GolfResort Weimarer Land, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Laura,
thank you very very much for your visit and for this extraordinary review. It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you and your family at our Hotel and I will take care to give my staff will get a copy of your review, because that is one reason we are working for : guest who leave our Hotel with a smile on their face !
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again and in the meantime we sent you warm greetings from Blankenhain.
Mark A. Kuehnelt
General Manager & Staff

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We, my son and me travelled from Rotterdam, via Wroslav and Auschwitz in Poland and Prague and ended for a Golfstop in Lindner hotel and spa in Blankenhain. This is what we needed to get some rest, luxery and sports. Perfect hotel with kind and helpful staff, good food, luxery rooms with the best beds I ever experienced. I even took a picture of the matras brand to get some at home. I can recommend this hotel to people like us that wants to play some holes and stay in a five star hotel for some days. Not cheap but good in balance for what you get.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Alex,
thank you very much for your visit and for the nice review. Please do not hestitate to contact me, if you need some information concerning the matresses as we took a lot of care to guarantee a perfect sleep to our guests. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again oin our Hotel.
Mark A. Kuehnelt

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were pretty impressed when we arrived at the Lidner Hotel. The hotel looks beautiful and the golf course is stunning. We rented a suite. Since the weather was great and the view from the room very nice, it was a pity we had no balcony. The first night we ordered room service. Club sandwich, Caesar salad and a bottle of wine. When the dinner arrived, they forgot the salt and pepper, bread for the salad and there were no wine glasses. There isn't a minibar in the room, just a vending machine in the hallway, which did not work properly. The breakfast is not that great. You have to wait a long time to get your scrambled and fried eggs (no bacon on the warm buffet). The juices are not fresh. My conclusion is that the property itself is very beautiful, but they definitely have to work on their service.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Lindaatje
Mark K, General Manager at Spa & GolfResort Weimarer Land, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Madam,
thank you for your visit and your comment. Unfortunately we only have a very few rooms and suites which do have a balcony, please let us know when you care for a room with a balcony.
I apologize for the inconveniences with our roomservice, we already have taken action in order prevent this mistakes in the future. Our breakfast buffet is offering over 100 different varieties of food for breakfast, so bacon and scrambled eggs are always on the buffet or prepared fresh by our kitchenstaff, if there should have been a queue, we do apologize for the delay.
Nevertheless we do hope that we may have the oppotunity to welcome you again and you will leave our Hotel as a enthused Fan.
Mark A. Kühnelt

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We went with some friends and really enjoyed it. The room is good, with a very nice view. The spa has excellent service with a good menu of services. The golf course is friendly but it is a good challenge.
Very good food and the service.

Date of stay: October 2013