“Best Food Ever!”
Review of The Dinner Party - CLOSED

The Dinner Party
Price range: US$27 - US$38
Description: The Dinner Party. A truly exciting dinner experience. Come sit with 23 other people and enjoy a family gathering style venue. I will cook you a 3 course dinner that wont disappoint. You bring your own Wine or beverage of choice and let us supply the rest. The whole point of The Dinner Party is to get people together of different backgrounds, environments and regular circle of friends. The dinner party is about talking about food, wine and personal experiences. The cost is $35 to $40 per person, you bring your own wine or favorite beverage. Click on going to this event or call me to confirm your seat or seats... Limeted to 24 guests(seats) per evening.
Reviewed 28 November 2015

WOW, what a fun night I had. The food was so delicious and the presentation was beautiful. Thank you for adding to the fun with your comments about how the food was prepared - it sure added to the dining experience. Loved that I could bring my own wine as well. Not only is this Dining experience a great value it is a Gem of Vancouver Island for sure. I recommend this dinning experience to any Vancouver Diners - this is a 5 Star Evening all the way. Thank you Chef George Gates.

George G, Owner at The Dinner Party, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2015

Dear 15JeanK2015, Thank you so much for the review. It was nice to hear your comments about your experience. I truly believe "The Dinner Party" offers something very unique in this part of the country, Vancouver Island specifically. The whole point of the evening is not only to create amazing food, but to do it in an environment that allows the guests to learn all about the products, the process and the passion and art that can and does go into our menus. The other part is the atmosphere, which is about everyone sitting together and learning new things about each other, yourself and sharing the moment of great food, great people and great times. Thanks again for coming and hope to see you again... Chef George!

Reviewed 22 November 2015

We had a delicious 3 course dinner, with seafood, steak wrapped in bacon and an amazing cheesecake for dessert!!! The atmosphere is a wonderful combination of a little bit formal with a little bit family - I loved it!!! With small kids, we don't get often, especially not with the chance to dress up and this dinner was perfect!! Both George and Angela were funny, and friendly and I appreciated watching the meal being prepared, and a having a quick overview of what we were about to eat!! I would go again in a heartbeat.

Dear Jennifer D. Thank you so much for the review. I am so happy you had an opportunity to get out and enjoy yourself, especially when small children keep you so busy. I really appreciate that you chose to spend what time you have available with us at the "The Dinner Party". It is all part of the dinner experience that we offer when we talk about all of the food, the process and the art of our menu's. I really hope you have an opportunity in the future to join us again.. Cheers, Chef George!

Reviewed 22 November 2015

lovely evening the food was exquisite and the presentation so extremely well done.
the interaction with their dining guests makes the evening so much more special.

Thank you so much for the review. I am so happy that you liked your visit to "The Dinner Party". Attention to detail is very important to me, but not only that, what else is important is having the knowledge to describe and educate my guests with everything I do . It's important not only to WOW people, it is important to share your passion and love for the WOW. Thanks again for coming, I hope to see you again. Chef George!

Reviewed 8 October 2015

I've been in Crofton for 9 years and cannot believe I've never been to this restaurant. Chef George Gates created the most amazing three course meal, including rack of lamb and cheesecake. The Dinner Party setting allows you to make new friends while you eat. Chef explains each course and interacts with the guests. All you need to do is bring your own wine, sit back, and enjoy. I will definitely be back!

1  Thank MotoXMom94
George G, Owner at The Dinner Party, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2015

Dear MotoXMom94,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Dinner Party. The night you were there was an awesome experience for everyone including myself and all the other guests. I am really happy to hear you like the concept and experience I am trying to offer up to my guests. I don't think there is anything like it in the area, at all. I am very proud of the way it is developing...

Looking forward to cooking for you again soon...

Cheers,

Chef George

Reviewed 29 September 2015

When entering into this little country kitchen atmosphere, you have no idea what kind of five star meal you are about to be served. I will follow Chef George Gates to the end of the earth to enjoy his delicious creations and will most certainly be back again and again!!!

3  Thank Marla D

Dear Marla Daniels,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Dinner Party. I take great pride in making people like you as happy as i can with my creations and interactions. I am so happy to have you as a faithful foodie follower. I cant wait to cook for you again... As always, and your friend...

Chef George