“Great food on the beach”
Review of La Vela Blanca

La Vela Blanca
Ranked #26 of 154 Restaurants in Las Terrenas
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

This is a great lunch stop for barbecue and seafood. Wanted lobster one day and they told me to come back tomorrow. Didn't disappoint. Large fresh lobster with great sides. Some of the best food in Las Terranas

Reviewed 13 March 2017

One of my favorite places in Las Terrenas. We went a couple of time for lunch (usually closed for dinner). French/Caribbean food served on the beach. Besides the dinning seating they also have beach chairs.
They also had live music one of the times were there.
My favorite is the seafood platter paired with a bottle of rose!

Reviewed 20 November 2016

We had a very good lunch at this nice French restaurant. It's right on the beach! The staff was attentive and friendly. Try the fish dishes, they are excellent.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

This is a nice french restaurant right on the beach. The seating is good and you will have shade (very necessary on the beach). The owners are experienced and have had several restaurants in the area and have a good following. They offer a plate of the day for lunch which is usually an appetizer and then large lunch plate. They typically have a choice of 3 apps and 3 or 4 meals and the price depends on what is offered that day. Mostly under 500 pesos. I think the food that is prepared is very good, and the service is good. They have an English speaking person available.
I would recommend eating at this place but I would also be careful about the drinks.They dont have a menu with pricing for their drinks and some are very expensive. My husband and I ordered pina coladas and were charged 900 pesos for 2 drinks which is extremely high for the DR and for Las Terrenas. A hand squeezed margarita was 250 pesos which is more in line. Again, I would recommend eating at this restaurant but I would get the pricing on the drinks before ordering.

1  Thank ATL_explorer
Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

This place has great seating and a great view, but my husband and I were not a fan of the food. They serve French fare at an expensive price for the area. Perhaps if we had loved the food, we wouldn't have minded paying 500 per lunch dish. But to spend 1000 plus pesos for a lunch we didn't enjoy seemed a bit much when closer in town we could've spent 500 on two typical Dominican lunch with 4 beers that we loved.