Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews happy camper cafe on site fire pit children play free wifi astro turf three children marble hill entire site stayed here for nights play park on site pods campsite facilities caravan
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 September 2019 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with my son in one of the pods. Can’t rate the trip highly enough. Overall the facilities were very clean and the pod itself was extremely comfortable. Location great and the staff were (typically for Donegal) very friendly. Hope to return on the near future.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2019

I have camped all over the world and recently all along the Wild Atlantic Way from Cork City all the way through Co. Donegal. This is the strangest and least welcoming place I have experienced. First off, when I arrived there was no one in reception. The teenaged girls who seem to run the place were lounging in the ‘cafe’ next door. If I hadn’t asked someone, I would not have known. They did not make themselves known. And I use the term ‘cafe’ lightly. All they serve are pancakes and eggs and sweets-and the close at 5pm. Coffee, yes, and they are friendly-but that’s it. The cafe was full of families with screaming little children when I arrived and I realized quickly that these were not camping families but rather people from town! The campsite and all of its facilities are open to the public 24/7!

The men’s toilets have only two stalls, no urinals. One of the toilets was clogged with paper and I’m sure the kids who run the place knew it because they were cleaning in there. Also, the stall I did use was filthy, the walls covered with ‘biological stains.’

I stayed in a bell tent which was ok if a little damp and cold. The grounds around my tent were filthy, sweets wrappers on the ground, an empty Bulmers can lying on the ground and the nearby picnic table had been burned.

The kitchen facilities were barely large enough for a small flat let alone a large campsite such as this. The laundry only had one washer and dryer and I tried to dry some of clothes but they were removed by an employee so she could wash campground linens. As I was the only guest I had no issues with the kitchen size but I imagine it would be difficult if there were 3 or 4 people trying to use it. Also weeks old spoiled milk in the fridge.

I could go on. I felt very unsafe at his campground. It is open to the public and I am pretty sure local kids from town come and drink and party there. I kept all of my gear inside the tent. Also, it is less than 500m from the N56 so the traffic noise is quite loud. Stay somewhere else. One star only. Kitchen is far too small. Toilets are unsatisfactory. I didn’t shower there because I didn’t trust the place.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Joeshmoe54
Reviewed 20 August 2019

We spent a couple of nights here on our tour of the west coast. Campsite staff were really friendly and helpful and facilities were good. Very handy for exploring the Donegal coast and walking distance into the village for food

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 17 August 2019 via mobile

Stayed in pods for one night and it was brilliant even tho we had good Donegal wet weather didn’t stop is from having fun..
lit fire out side pods.
Ate a pancake in the happy camper.
The pods were so cosy and cute and I felt so safe and secure..

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2019

Stayed on a tent pitch. Positives - playground was good for kids, toilets and showers were clean, nice shop and take away on site, great little shop on the road by the site with good selection. Good location, nice beaches nearby.
Negatives - kids were playing, screaming, shouting until after midnight. Very few signs saying when quiet time should be and no one seemed to take notice of them.
Finally, tent pitches were in the middle of the field, overlooked by pods, lodges etc. Not really a negative because this was clear on website when booking so not a surprise but maybe just feedback for owners.

Date of stay: July 2019