“Super sandwiches”
Review of Red Lion Inn

Red Lion Inn
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Visited yesterday and we all decided on the sandwiches which come with chips. Very nicely presented on a wooden board.We had one crab, 2 Prawn and 1 cheese & chutney. The bread was crusty & very fresh. We all loved our choice.Will definitely have them again. The 3 course meal is very good too.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Went here for a meal with my partner, his father & partner on a Saturday evening. My partner’s father asked if he could have a starter dish from the fixed price weekday menu as a main course, and this was absolutely no problem. My partner and his father’s partner both went for the steak pie and chips, which they both enjoyed. I had a dish from the specials menu, barramundi loin in a curry sauce with onion bhaji and poppadums; the sauce was exquisite, light and piquant and a perfect accompaniment to the fish.

For dessert, my partner and his father’s partner chose the deep fried Peach Melba ice cream, which my partner described as the best dessert he had had for a long time. I went for the trio of British puddings, bite-sized pieces of spotted dick, jam roly-poly and sticky toffee pudding - just enough for a satisfying amount of each without being too much.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Visited for Mum’s birthday lunch. Food was good, prices were very fair and the atmosphere and service were spot on!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We visited recently and had an enjoyable meal. I had the fish pie and hubby had the pork along with a Japanese style karaage starter made of prawns, a sweet chilli dipping sauce & peanut slaw. It was all delicious. The owners are very friendly and helpful. Another gentleman said he always has the fish and chips as they are good too.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Four of us visited here for dinner last night. The stuffed mushroom starter was superb and I highly recommend the beef pie. Somebody forgot to offer us the pudding menu and when we asked it was too late as the kitchen had closed but the chief was enjoying a drink at the bar and immediately offered to get us whatever we wanted! That's what you call service.
It's the third time I've been here and we are all looking forward to going back. Reasonably priced and superb food.