All reviews fork restaurant afternoon tea polo bar lovely hotel beautiful grounds legoland package refurbished room scones wedding reception private room lovely setting hotel grounds business meeting lovely room wedding venue stayed for one night buffet style
Reviewed 11 May 2018

I stayed here for one night this week as I was on a training course with work and I commute.

The location of the hotel and parking were great. It’s a nice looking hotel.

The reception is very nice and the staff were polite.

I was in one of the top floor rooms (330) and I’m sorry to say I was a bit disappointed. The room was small and it felt like I was up in the attic.

The facilities were ok, tea making facilities and biscuits were provided.

There was a small fridge in the room and also a safe and an ironing board. I had a double bed in the room which was comfortable. They also provided me with an electric fan.

The bathroom was clean and well stocked. The shower wasn’t the best, not much power to it.

I had to check out early the next day and as the room price incuded breakfast I had asked if it was possible to have something that I could take away with me. This was sorted out for me before I checked out which I was grateful for. (Breakfast is served from 7am).

Would I stay here again, maybe but not in the attic!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the top of the building, room 330 is not very spacious - it was quiet though
Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Debbie G, General Manager at Royal Berkshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Dear Growler01

Thank you so much for your comprehensive review regarding the room you were staying in.

We have undergone some extensive refurbishment of most of our bedrooms in recent weeks and we still have a few rooms that need some attention. Your points are valid and I will address them as soon as possible.

On a positive note I am pleased the staff were on hand to look after you - especially reception who you have mentioned.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the future - please do let me know when you are staying and I will ensure you stay in one of our refurbished bedrooms.

debbie@exclusive.co.uk

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Can't recommend this venue and staff highly enough. My son and daughter-in-law held their wedding reception here on Saturday. From the first visit to view the venue to the minute I checked out yesterday last guest to leave after the wedding the staff at this venue were the most efficient, friendly, nothing too much trouble team I have dealt with. They made the whole weekend perfect. Venue stunning, food wonderful and attention to detail second to none and we had the bonus of amazing weather. Most guests didn't want to leave. Having been to a number of weddings and attended conferences in top hotels across Europe have never experiences such great service as this. They high standard of service continued the days following the wedding for all guests staying longer due to flights etc. Thank you to the whole team at this beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: We had exclusive use and I didn't hear 1 complaint about a room
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Christine

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and I am absolutely delighted you enjoyed your sons wedding with us and have such fond memories to treasure!

It was an absolute pleasure to look you all and the team are delighted you had such a great day.

I do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

First impressions were great, gorgeous gardens & a beautiful building ..... but my room was one of the worst hotel rooms I’ve staying in for years; the taps in the sink didn’t match!, the wallpaper was peeling off the wall & the shower curtain was too long so you had to stand on it in the bath. From talking to other guests, most of the rooms are fresh and modern, so if you get given a terrible room, ask to move.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank qwertyqwertyqwerty

Dear qwertyqwertyqwerty

On a positive note I am pleased you enjoyed the rest of the hotel and gardens.

debbie@exclusive.co.uk

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here. Lots of wild life in the surroundings....squirrels, birds...and an owl that hooted all night...rather errie. All staff polite and keen to make your stay memorable. Would stay longer next time. Food is nothing special.Rooms just plain but comfortable.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Stuart

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us so much and had the opportunity to explore the grounds and wildlife.

I do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future for longer!

Reviewed 24 April 2018

This is a stunning venue for a wedding and the main house is beautiful. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We were particularly impressed by the way they dealt with allergies which our guests loved. The panelled room used for our reception and the room used for the wedding breakfast are perfect. Having two bars meant that there was a quiet area and noisy area once the dancing started - perfect and our older guests stayed up longer! The venue has 63 bedrooms which means your guests can stay and if you book on an exclusive basis you have the hotel to yourselves - highly recommended. The next morning all our guests were able to enjoy an excellent buffet breakfast. The gardens are beautiful and at night the trees are lit. There is also giant drafts and other games to play. If the weather is good the panelled room opens on to a large terrace area. The only downside is that they have not quite completed their renovation of all the hotel bedrooms - the ones that have been done are great and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a renovated room - the majority are
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chancellor123

Dear Chancellor123

We are all absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your daughter's wedding so much and have such fond memories of the day with your friends and family.

It was an absolute pleasure to host the wedding and the staff thoroughly enjoyed looking after you all throughout the wedding celebrations.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.