“Great in the hot temperatures”
Review of Uluru Segway Tours

Uluru Segway Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience Uluru…differently Uluru Segway Tours offer an experience like no other, with stunning views of World Heritage listed Uluru. Join our knowledgeable guides as we cruise the 10km base of majestic Uluru by Segway.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If you want to see the beauty of the rock, this is a great tour. The positives was that it was great in the heat, and you avoid the flies by riding on the Segway. It’s pretty easy to get use to, and we even had children and elderly people that managed well.
However, if you want to learn a bit about the culture, the rock, and the indigenous people, I would suggest you ask to be up the front. I was at the back and by the time I got to the stops to hear the explanation of history, culture, etc, I either missed half the talk, or missed all of it. So for me, it felt rushed, and I didn’t learn anything, because I missed the explanations.
However, if you just want a casual ride around the rock, and do not care too much about learning about the history, then this tour is for you.
I think I’d get a private tour next time.

1  Thank Luke M
Alex D, Manager at Uluru Segway Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hi Luke,

We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed your time getting around Uluru with a bit of extra ease in the heat. As for your feedback about missing some of the stories, I am very sorry to hear this. This is unusual feedback for us to get on our tours, however I have passed your comments along to our team, who will be making extra efforts to ensure everyone gets to hear their stories and explanations around Uluru as it is such a big part of the Uluru experience. Once again I'm really sorry to hear that you felt rushed, however thank you very much for passing along this feedback to us.

Kind Regards,

in 4 reviews
"all age groups"
"enjoyable tour"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 4 reviews
"dreamtime stories"
in 5 reviews
"hot drinks"
in 3 reviews
"hour trip"

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Lots of fun, highly recommend to any one who doesn’t feel like walking around the rock.

Very easy once you get your balance.

Alex D, Manager at Uluru Segway Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi Ajtaylor9,

Great to hear you had lots of fun and enjoyed your Segway tour. We agree, riding a Segway isn't too hard once you get your initial balance, most people pick it up really quickly.

Cheers for the great review, we hope that the rest of your time at Uluru was just as wonderful.

Cheers,

From all of us at Uluru Segway Tours.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Reviewed 1 April 2018

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Totally recommend this awesome tour. Decided to do a Segway tour around Uluru as my mum had a torn muscle in her thigh and couldn’t walk without having a straight leg. We had to cancel our trip to Kings Cannon due to her injury and we were feeling down about the fact we were going to miss out on so much as we weren’t able to do what we originally came to do. We were pleasantly surprised with the Segway experience and the thorough training provided at the beginning of our tour. I especially loved the Indigenous stories told by the tour guide as we segwayed around Uluru. Thank you for making this the highlight of our trip.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hi CinU2392XS

What a great review, thank you for taking the time to write it! We are so glad that you could join us on tour and really get a great appreciation for Uluru and enjoy the Tjukurpa stories that your guide shared with you. We hope that your Mum's thigh muscle makes a speedy recovery so she can be up and hiking again in no time.

We hope that you have a wonderful time on the rest of your travels.

Cheers,

From all of us at Uluru Segway Tours.