“My favourite wonton soup ”

Shanghai Chinese Cafe
Ranked #24 of 36 Restaurants in Katherine
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Some dishes just stay in your taste memory and the wonton soup at the Shanghai is one of them . It is quite simple - a very tasty stock, wontons, Bok Choy and cubes of ham and I
Love it. So much so that I had it for lunch nearly every day I was in Katherine. The steamed pork dim sims are also delicious.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Normal full Chinese menu even if it is a bit pricey. Most mains were around $23 mark.
Got the Salt & Pepper Squid and took back to where I was staying. Absolutely disgusting.
The batter was so hard it was like pork crackle chips. The salt was so heavy it made the food inedible. The two pieces I tried to eat the squid had been hammered to such a thinness as to be non exsistent.I had driven 5 hours to get to Katherine and was really hungry but could not eat it. Returned it to the shop and although lights were on inside the shop was closed. Went back to write compliant on some paper but had nothing to write it on. I have taken a month to write this as life does go on and you forget.
Thanks to Maccas for a great meal instead!

Reviewed 9 September 2016

We were told by other travellers that this was the place to eat at in Katherine.

Well, we were not disappointed.

Somewhat old and tired looking it still came up with the goods as far as a meal went and we enjoyed the evening. After all it is in Katherine not Sydney.

Each time we come through Katherine we make a point of eating here so they must be doing something right, great meal, great value.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

the food is amazing living locally we have food from here regularly and they never disappoint it is always amazing and fresh!

Reviewed 25 November 2015

The portion is huge! value for money. Best value when the meal is shared, just like the traditional chinese dining culture.