“10/10 - Highly Recommend!!!”

Marksie's Stockman's Camp Tucker Night
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Katherine
Price range: US$29 - US$58
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dine under the stars in the tranquil surroundings of TOP DIDJ GROUNDS Watch the wallabies and hear the local wildlife in the surroundings reminiscent of an outback stockman's camp. In this wonderful atmosphere,enjoy your award winning camp oven meal (set menu) by the camp fire, with Aborigine bush tucker flavours. New Product- Go back 100years to a traditional Stockmans Camp for a Traditional Stew and Flash Damper and Billy Tea. Earlier start, and cheaper night. Be entertained by great Aussie humour, true and not so true yarns, the good, the bad & some a little bawdy. Billy spinning competition for little and the grown up kids. We cook to bookings so phone first.
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We absolutely loved it! The food, atmosphere and humor were totally worth the price. Mark is such a genuine soul with such a warm and generous presence and his team are so lovely and friendly. The food is to die for and the overall experience was just truly one we will take away with us. Definitely revisting next time. Well done guys, you are amazing! But lets get a dunny block sorted, hey? Lol 10/10!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Marksies, Owner at Marksie's Stockman's Camp Tucker Night, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thank you Jaimie, for your awesome review. I'm glad you loved my food and especially my stories. I always say, our guests make the night fantastic, and I thank you for that. I hope you do come back again as I plan a whole new experience next year as a Tribute to all the Camp Cooks from Stations, everywhere across Australia, but with our unique touch in the fantastic flavours our native bush provides. I have so many more stories, so it will be a fantastic night full of fun and great food. See you soon. Cheers.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful evening with meal and entertainment with our host Marksie. The slow cooked food was delicious and seasoned with bush herbs. Marksie was a great storyteller with wonderful Aussie humour. We loved him. His two young staff tended to all our needs and were delightful. The two friendly roo were so approachable and welcomed hand feeding and nudging us under the table fore more. A most enjoyable evening and one I would highly recommend to friends.

Date of visit: September 2018
Marksies, Owner at Marksie's Stockman's Camp Tucker Night, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Thanks Annette, for your awesome review. We loved having you two as well and very happy you enjoyed your night. The Barry's ( we call all the wee wallabies Barry), are often the highlight as many of our travellers don't get to see any Kangaroos or wallabies as they seek shade and sleep during the day. Our wee ones are very happy to get cuddles as long as we keep up the supply of sweet potato.(Their wages for coming up to see us all)
This night is a very unique Aussie outback experience with 14 different native bush herbs, spices, fruits and food in your menu, a taste of the NT with the Crocodile, Barramundi, Buffalo or Camel, and the best NT Beef all cooked on the fires like the old stockmen days- only a lot flasher. We have tables and chairs, and waiter service. Dine under the stars- no moon just now so a very starry night. Thanks for coming Annette, our guests make the night fantastic. Cheers.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Dining with Marksie is a different experience. Best to be immersed in the experience for full enjoyment, Marksie is a great story teller and the food is interesting. At times the storytelling can go on abit at time, but overall it is quite interesting. The Wallabies wondering around, looking for sweet potato snacks is a nice touch, as who does not like cute animals (that were not on the menu). The food serves are small, but there seconds available to anyone interested, but for the the scones, this would be a trap, as I could have eaten a few tray of these by myself.

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you dan for you great review, it is a unique Experience and a very Aussie night. We use over 14 different Native Australian Bush herbs, spices, fruits and foods, to make your food, as you say, interesting. The NT foods- Crocodile, sea wild Barramundi, Buffalo and Camel are meats you don't get on many menus and we do source good quality foods to ensure we give you the best menu. Even the Gem Scones are cooked in Camp Ovens. And yes the stories can be long, but that's the authentic bush-man's way. That's what our night is about. Thanks for joining us, as our guests also help make it a good night. Cheers.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

I think I paid far to much for so little food and a lot of B S. Stories.I could not get a second cup of tea.

Date of visit: September 2018

Hi Steve, thanks for your review of our business. I use exotic and expensive ingredients in my meals- crocodile, Wild Barramundi, Buffalo and camel. Good quality beef cuts are not always cheap, and I pay a bit more for organic potatoes, but I find it is always worth the effort. Quality is long remembered after the price forgotten.
I am disappointed that you say you had small portions, as it is a large outback meal and seconds were offered to all our guests on your visit. We had food left over, so I'm sorry you missed out.
I checked with some of our other guests that came on this night, and they were extremely happy with the entertainment, as in their reviews.
I'm sorry the WOW factor we try to deliver did not happen for you.
I appreciate the constructive criticism and am always proactive with all our guests comments. I debrief with staff every night, and have asked them to ensure that our guests get a "top-up" of our famous gumleaf billy tea, which they normally do. There was still tea left in the billies at the end, so you could have had more, had you asked.
I am sorry that the night was obviously not "your cup of tea", but I can assure you we try every night to deliver the service and quality we say we can do. Cheers.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

A must when in Katherine.Marksie is a ideal host and has some great stories. The food is fantastic with some great tastes using natural herbs and spices.must book early.

Date of visit: August 2018
Marksies, Owner at Marksie's Stockman's Camp Tucker Night, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you, for the wonderful review. I am really happy to be able to share the night with such wonderful guests. Glad you liked all the bush flavours in your menu. Thank you, yes bookings are essential and I do get booked out by groups and private functions, so sadly, not always able to guests at short notice. Helps if guests have a few options to choose a night or plan ahead. Cheers.