See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Our room had a closed of kitchen which was great as you did not get cooking smells in the bedroom the room was a good size and nice and clean and staff very friendly I would stay again next time I am in Nelson

Room Tip: in the middle of the resort as there is a road at each end
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The Beachcomer is in a perfect location for Tahuna Beach and not far from the city. The room we were offered was very tired and in need of a makeover. The toilet seat was broken, carpet was filthy, fridge smelt terrible. We asked for a room that had been updated which was much nicer. Bed very comfortable. Only other concern was the towels were not changed on the second day and bed was not made up. Plus no tea bags left........I would stay there again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2018

This motel is a 5 minute walk from Tahunanui Beach, so a great location for that. There was a bit of road noise during the day, but pretty quiet at night. There is a pub next door and if you have a room on that side of the complex then it could be noisy on a Friday or Saturday night. We were there midweek and there was no problem. This is the same side as the reception.
The room was large and comfortable. There was a desk with chair, small table with chair, queen bed and a single. However, neither table had any lighting, or at least adequate lighting. the little table had none and at night it was a very dark corner. The desk had a dim wall lamp, so not much better. Should anyone want to sit at the desk to read or do some written work then you'd need to bring your own light. The brightest light was at the entrance! Only dim bedside lamps too - also no good for reading in bed. So I dragged a chair to be directly under one of the ceiling lights at the foot of the bed.
There is no aircon so it could well be pretty hot in the summer but there is heating.
There is free Wifi but it is VERY slow and unreliable. We hotspotted.
The bathroom, while clean, is very tired. The shower is low even for an average height person (180cm) so you have to crouch to wash your face or hair. There is plenty of hot water and the flow is average. There was some fluctuation in temperature but not too much.
The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Away from the bar next door.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Here are the FACTS as to why I have given this motel complex one star, recommending people tread carefully with their new management ‘system’. Particularly business travellers. For the record I made an email booking on Thursday 08th Feb at 13;45 for a three day stay starting Sunday 11th. When I arrived two hours late on the Sunday, due to stormy weather I found that the new owners had given my room away, when they acknowledged they had got my email. They claimed they didn’t have my details to contact via phone, when I have been coming to this motel for business in excess of twenty years, wasn’t sure I still wanted the room?! A check of my email log shows I have supplied a mobile number on at least two occasions to the very same email. They said they emailed me to see if I wanted my booking, but this wasn’t till 10:10 on Saturday. Two days after my booking and when I was tramping in the bush – had no email contact. I mean who waits two days to respond to a booking and then cancels it without talking to a longstanding client? Tosses them out into the rain? Totally unprofessional conduct to take advantage of a closed airport, storm conditions demand for beds. And to rub salt into the wound they still had a vacancy sign on!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank PaulNZ
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Have stayed here before but it’s getting to the point where we’ll be considering others next time.
Firstly and most annoying is NO VANITY IN BATHROOM. In 2018, even in these older units, there’s no excuse for not having a vanity. Guests should not have to put toiletries and toilet bag on the toilet seat. It’s not on.
Secondly, there’s no flow-through ventilation. It was hot and humid but no opening window on the car park side so air can flow through and cool the place.
Thirdly, FLIES!!!