“LOVE IT!!”

Harbour Street Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Oamaru
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We had their steak and mushroom, bacon and egg and potato, leek and broccoli pies and date scone. The date scone was packed with dates and was delicious.. so were their pies. Very tasty fillings and lots of it.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Popped in here on way through oamaru and I bought the potato leek broccoli pie - and it was very nice. Tastes great and every mouthful enjoyed. I'd recommend. Even though I don't gravitate to meat pies I'm sure they would be good going on my vege pie.

1  Thank 937liz
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

This is a fabulous place to buy pastries, bread, pies. Ed Balsink is the baker, proprietor. Friendly and very welcoming. A Dutch baker with all the skills to tempt your tastebuds. Highly recommended. Look for his Penny Farthing which he uses to travel to and from the bakery.

1  Thank Hendosplace
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

My family and I were looking for some food after our long drive down to Oamaru. We were recommended by a local to try out this bakery at Harbour Street as it's got the best pies in town.

When we stepped in, we were warmly welcomed by Ed, the genius baker behind the pies. We fell in love with them at first bite. The pastry was just the right thickness and the fillings were rich in flavour! It was so good we ordered more pies to take back for dinner!

Ed is such a wonderful person to chat with and, coupled with his awesome pies, we had a delightful eating experience. This is definitely one stop you should make if you're in Oamaru and craving for great food. Pies FTW!!! ♥

1  Thank tangledloose
Reviewed 23 May 2017

This is very popular. On a recent visit the shop was full of a touristy group trying to decide what to purchase. The owner was so helpful and enthusiastic with them, then saw me waiting and discreetly served me whilst they were still trying to decide. I have purchased on three different occasions - is a bit more expensive but no doubt you get what you pay for as the food is delicious.

1  Thank Rme48