“Nice freshly cooked lunch”
Review of Bangkok Recipe

Bangkok Recipe
Ranked #14 of 65 Restaurants in Oamaru
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Thai, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic Thai food freshly cooked by Thai chefs in Bangkok style. Dine in, takeaways and delivery available. Continental and Asian Cooked breakfast available upon request 7am-9.30am. Thai buffet on every Friday night 5pm-8.30pm.
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here, garlic and black bean stir fry and my daughter had the chicken and cashews nut dish, both was cooked quickly and fresh. Good size potion and was very tasty.
The service was average and we didn't find the gentleman very friendly which let the place down.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

While staying at the Bella Vista we dined one night at the Bangkok Recipe Restaurant. I love Thai food so was pleased there was one so close to our accommodation. We dined on a Tuesday night and hadn't made a booking, we did arrive quite early so there was no issue getting a table, (unsure if you would need to make one perhaps on their busier nights). Although in saying that, the restaurant appeared quite busy after awhile (including the takeaway section).
I believe you can order from this restaurant if you are a guest at Bella Vista Motel and get it delivered and charged back to your room.
My husband and I shared the golden rolls (spring rolls) for our entree, I had the satay chicken and my husband had massaman lamb shank for mains. My husband was happy enough with his meal, mine was ok (although I have had better). By no means was it disgusting though and if needs be I'd eat there again.
After discovering the Scott's brewery earlier that day we were pleased to see they stocked the beer at this restaurant so my husband was able to have another glass of his new favourite beer. I opted for a mocktail, Bangkok Chaos, and it was really nice.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped for dinner on our way home from Dunedin. The restaurant was clean and well presented. The staff were very friendly. The food was delicious and looked great as well. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We read some of the reviews prior to dining in, however based on our experience we thought the meals were really tasty. The portions were large & it was good bang for your buck. We had the ginger beef & green chicken curry & would recommend both dishes.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

You know how you struggle to find a decent Asian restaurant the further you travel south, especially in the smaller towns, this place definitely bucks the trend. It was a clean and tidy place, good service and clean toilets. A little cold inside on a freezing southern day.

I had the chicken larb. It was a substantial portion, with great balance of heat and herbs. I would go again to try the others. Give the burger joints a miss and try the Thai.