“Rocky ”

Ranked #26 of 65 Restaurants in Oamaru
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New Japanese restaurant. On site of previous Latitude 45. We also have a new takeaway Sushi bar. Open 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday. We specialise in coffee, smoothies, frappes and much more Restaurant hours are Monday to Wednesday 11am to 3pm, 5pm to 8.30Pm Thursday and Friday 11am to 3pm, 5pm to 9pm. Saturday 11.30Am to 9pm Sunday 12 to 8.30Pm
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

I'm a sushi fan and are hesitant when trying different place than the places you know...but popped in here and was so pleasantly surprised it was perfect I didn't dine so couldn't tell you about dining experience but I've been back at least once a week and the bento box are awesome to

Reviewed 28 December 2016

Not too bad either. Tasty selection available to take away or eat in. Sushi could have been rolled a little bit tighter, but hey, still goes down the same way :-)

Reviewed 16 November 2016

This place is cool. Great service, nice location and excellent Japanese food. They also have a take away option.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Great little spot I found off the Main Street while away on a business trip in oamaru. It was nice and quiet with great background music.

I started with some beautifully presented fresh salmon sushi. It came with top quality wasabi (not the watery stuff from Korea) and fresh ginger along with a few bonus glazes on the plate. 5 pieces for $7... great value.

Then I ordered Karage chicken (fried chicken). Alongside a crisp Asahi of course. Also very nice and it came with Japanese mayo and a sweet okonimi brown sauce. Delish and also great value at around $8.

After that I had the salmon teriyaki bento box. This was a meal on its own and came with rice, salad, miso, plus a few fried entrees. Great value and a good way to try a few things. The bento boxes ranged from $18-22.

Plenty more authentic dishes on the menu to try next time.

I'll be back next time I'm in Oamaru.

Thanks guys!!

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

The salmon sashimi was fresh and the entrees we ordered were were delicious, service was good despite getting busy. Had a lovely meal and would definitely recommend and would go when I visit Oamaru next time.