See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 December 2015

Room clean and quite spacious. Carpets in public area worn in places. I saw no lift so the few rooms not on the ground floor do not appear to be accessible for disabled people; I would advise letting them know when booking if this is likely to be a problem. To get the transfer that I requested I had to phone from the airport; after I phoned a taxi arrived shortly; I did not have to pay for this. There was a room at the front, with a table, and apparently a bar, but I never saw any sign of it being staffed. There are a couple of places nearby where you can get a meal.

I was looking for a place to stay for a night so that I could drive in the morning refreshed. This was adequate for the purpose and not expensive for a hotel near to Auckland Airport; I would probably use it again. If you are looking for anything fancy it would probably not suit you.

Room Tip: If you have any mobility problems ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank dickdom
Reviewed 9 December 2015

I booked a room on 'booking.com' for 2am in the morning as my flight arrived in Auckland at 2.30am, I arrived at the hotel at almost 3am. I was waiting at the front counter for almost 30 minutes trying to ring their bell and eventually waking them up to come to the front counter. As the man walked out he looked so annoyed and he glared at the time and glared back at me. He was so rude! I know that it was 3am in the morning, but Im sorry for waking you up from you beauty sleep, I just got off a 5 hour flight.
I booked my room for the 8th December because I arrived at 2.30am on the 8th. I was only planning on staying overnight (8th - 9th). The rude man then told me that I had booked the dates wrong and instead of the 8th I should have booked the 7th and that If I wanted to stay I either had to check out at 10am (that morning) or book another night and pay for 2 nights! I told him that this was NOT on their website, and when I booked it I specifically said I arrived at 3am on the 8th so why didnt they email me back.

I had no choice but to stay, its 3am in the morning, where else could I go?
The shower smelled, the floow was dirty, the sheets smelled and so did the fridge. The cap for the shower drain was broken and my partner stood on it, and now the scar has become infected.

I would not recommend this place to ANYONE! The rooms are in a horrible state so you'll think their customer service will at least make up for it NOPE!

Room Tip: Do not book with them
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2015 via mobile

I had the unfortunate experience of staying at this motel as I booked by phone through hotels.com while away from online access.

The 24hr shuttle advertised won't run after 11pm (I landed on the midnight flight from Australia). Instead, I had the pleasure of using the Auckland taxi service which cost $57 to get from the airport the motel.

I walked bare foot on the carpet in the room and stepped in some sort of foreign sticky mess.

The rooms don't have an iron or ironing board, and I couldn't find a communal laundry with one either.

The lady at reception let herself into my room at 7:45am while I was getting ready to checkout.

Mum always says to find a positive in each experience. For me, the most positive part is checking out and leaving the motel.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Stayed recently (6th November 2015).

Pick-up service from the airport worked well and was included in the room rate.
Staff were friendly and helped with directions to the nearest bus stop.

Hotel itself is tired and old.
Room was disappointing - numerous stains on the carpet and duvet.However the sheets appeared to be clean.

Cigarette butts in balcony area and room smelt smokey.

We arrived late and left early - just a dodgy, run down feel to the place.
Found better accommodation in North Island for an extra $20.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

Needed an airport hotel for an early flight and was pretty anxious to see they all had bad reviews. This place seemed the best of a bad bunch and a decent price so went with it. Was pleasantly surprised to find a spacious comfy and clean room with everything needed for a short stay. Sure, the room had seen better days but I've stayed in a lot worse. Free airport shuttle was great so for the price it was really good value.

I was also pleasantly surprised how many things there are to do around Auckland airport: a really good mini golf, sculpture park, sushi place and kids play/animal park. There's also a strawberry farm just down from the hotel (opposite direction to airport) that sells the most amazing strawberry ice cream.. I would stay here again just to have that ice cream again!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family