“Quick stay, only if you can find nothing else”

Auckland Airport Pacific Inn
and 1 more site!
Auckland Airport Pacific Inn
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Stayed recently (6th November 2015).

Pick-up service from the airport worked well and was included in the room rate.
Staff were friendly and helped with directions to the nearest bus stop.

Hotel itself is tired and old.
Room was disappointing - numerous stains on the carpet and duvet.However the sheets appeared to be clean.

Cigarette butts in balcony area and room smelt smokey.

We arrived late and left early - just a dodgy, run down feel to the place.
Found better accommodation in North Island for an extra $20.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

Needed an airport hotel for an early flight and was pretty anxious to see they all had bad reviews. This place seemed the best of a bad bunch and a decent price so went with it. Was pleasantly surprised to find a spacious comfy and clean room with everything needed for a short stay. Sure, the room had seen better days but I've stayed in a lot worse. Free airport shuttle was great so for the price it was really good value.

I was also pleasantly surprised how many things there are to do around Auckland airport: a really good mini golf, sculpture park, sushi place and kids play/animal park. There's also a strawberry farm just down from the hotel (opposite direction to airport) that sells the most amazing strawberry ice cream.. I would stay here again just to have that ice cream again!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2015

Uncomfortable beds, furniture falling apart. $100 per night for a $60 room. Would not recommend
In its current state should be $50-$60 per night
Too many of these ripoff motels on Kirkbride rd
Only positive no traffic noise

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2015

This property is being demolished in a few months and the rooms are a bit tired but the courtesy and hard work of the proprietors are a joy and go beyond the service offered at some more up market motels.Shuttle to and from the airport was prompt and very efficient and my flight times were met very efficiently.I would recommend this property to people.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2015

We stayed at this hotel and found the owners irritating and disrespectful with no sense of hospitality at all!

We checked in for 1 night at 3pm. Paid full price and asked for the check out time the next day. We were told 11am, our flight was leaving for christchurch at 5pm next day so we asked vey clearly if we could extend our checkout till 3pm next day and what would be the extra cost. The old lady at the counter thought for a moment and said that it was ok for a extended checkout at 3pm the next day without any cost. At 5pm on the same day another male staff came and knocked at my door and asked me to checkout. Imagine this only after 2 hours! I explained to him that checkout was at 3pm the next day. After a lot of fuss he went away saying he will clarify with the old lady and get back to me, he never returned. It was my first visit to nz and next morning my husband left me at the hotel to attend a funeral. At 10am another female staff rudely knocked my door and asked me to check out. i tried to explain our arrangement at check in . She would not listen ,saying i have booked a day room . We had clearly paid for the night. She would not budge and wanted to put my things on the road. It was raining heavy and I had no where to go. I asked if I could pay and stay till 3pm. She said it will cost $40. I gave her a $US100 note and told her to hold until my husband returns and he will pay you.

When my husband returned we checked out immediately and he went to pay the $40.00 but was told to pay the full amount of $100.00. It was the same lady and i told her that she had agreed for $40.00 but she blatantly lied in my face and said she never said $40.00 and insisted on $100.00. We paid in disgust. It was not the money that mattered but the way they dealt with us was appalling. We have visited many places but have never seen such rip off people and attitude was absolutely disgusting. My advise to all is simple: NEVER GO TO THIS HOTEL AND TELL AT LEAST 40 OTHERS THE SAME.

Room Tip: Never book this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple