See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 June 2015 via mobile

My husband and I booked a room for 5nights and I had my kids visiting before we left for Australia as we were catching up in our room I get a knock on the door and was told "ah excuse me you only paid for two people" my response was I know that my children are just visiting. And then He asks well what time are they leaving they have to be gone by 9pm yet it was 6pm at the time I couldn't believe it I didn't realise that there were visiting hours!!!!! Then he had the nerve to knock on the door 2mins later and this time he said because my son and grandson were sitting on the bed they had to get off because they were visitors and they have to respect the room by this time I was fuming and just closed the door my children left by 7pm and I get another knock on the door by the night shift by about 9pm and they were checking to see if my kids were gone. The next morning I went to reception to lay a complaint about the whole ordeal and was told that it is against their company policy to have visitors in the room so I told them to show me where it says that and they couldn't provide me with anything absolutely pathetic!!! Saying things are company policy yet they have nothing to back it up. I would never recommend this place to anyone absolutely no privacy whatsoever..

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Rosita V
Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

You definitely get what you paid for. Stayed for 1 night as thought would be convenient for airport. Overall room wasn't bad. However rooms are noisy. If you wish to avoid the awkward conversation of 'Mummy whys that lady making funny noises' do not bring your kids.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2015

These were my departing words to the very nice ( I can only assume) manager of this establishment. The young man who checked me in - who I can only assume was the son was very courteous and professional as was the older gentleman. The Older lady was another story all together. She was downright rude and obnoxious. So much so, she came out in the morning and abused me for smoking too much on the outdoor patio with another guest and setting off the smoke alarm in the hallway. Ironically I was chatting to the gentleman about the grumpy lady on the desk the previous night and was not indulging in a leisurely cigarette, unlike he was. I vehemently denied smoking on the patio, where without any apology to either of us she stormed off back into the hotel.
This whole episode was unnecessary and shame as the room we had was clean, well maintained, good value for money and although the grounds were shabby and the outdoor area was in need of a good tidy up it was worth the money we paid for it.
Rule number One: Keep your customer happy- they will spread the word.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2015

Not wanting 5 star , just a place to stay overnight ,this budget style hotel fitted our needs , The Manager was so obliging and gave us the choice of two rooms , price was average for late booking , Room although tired but was cleaner that a time share that we had in Tauranga , sheets fresh clean and of top quality , understandably as the Hotel is due to close to make way for a roundabout , maintenance was a little neglected , however it still ratted high on a recommended place to stay , and would go back , Bhata oven gave us a receipt for Arthritis , thanks ,

Room Tip: remember this is a short time Budget Hotel close to the Auckland Air port , if you want 5star then try one of the big Hotels ,
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2015

We booked here as we had an early flight the next day and aside from it being near the airport this place has nothing else going for it. We had a ground floor room, it was pretty noisy as people seemed to talk right outside our door.
Once we came to get into bed my partner lay down he almost fell off as his side of the bed had collapsed. He got out to have a look, pulled back the sheets and noticed that there was blood on the bed sheet, okay there wasn't loads but it's blood there shouldn't be any!
There must be better places in the same budget near by, I'd check them out before booking here.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple