“Your Wife my dear friend needs a leash....”

Auckland Airport Pacific Inn
Auckland Airport Pacific Inn
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Reviewed 2 June 2015

These were my departing words to the very nice ( I can only assume) manager of this establishment. The young man who checked me in - who I can only assume was the son was very courteous and professional as was the older gentleman. The Older lady was another story all together. She was downright rude and obnoxious. So much so, she came out in the morning and abused me for smoking too much on the outdoor patio with another guest and setting off the smoke alarm in the hallway. Ironically I was chatting to the gentleman about the grumpy lady on the desk the previous night and was not indulging in a leisurely cigarette, unlike he was. I vehemently denied smoking on the patio, where without any apology to either of us she stormed off back into the hotel.
This whole episode was unnecessary and shame as the room we had was clean, well maintained, good value for money and although the grounds were shabby and the outdoor area was in need of a good tidy up it was worth the money we paid for it.
Rule number One: Keep your customer happy- they will spread the word.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 April 2015

Not wanting 5 star , just a place to stay overnight ,this budget style hotel fitted our needs , The Manager was so obliging and gave us the choice of two rooms , price was average for late booking , Room although tired but was cleaner that a time share that we had in Tauranga , sheets fresh clean and of top quality , understandably as the Hotel is due to close to make way for a roundabout , maintenance was a little neglected , however it still ratted high on a recommended place to stay , and would go back , Bhata oven gave us a receipt for Arthritis , thanks ,

Room Tip: remember this is a short time Budget Hotel close to the Auckland Air port , if you want 5star then t...
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2015

We booked here as we had an early flight the next day and aside from it being near the airport this place has nothing else going for it. We had a ground floor room, it was pretty noisy as people seemed to talk right outside our door.
Once we came to get into bed my partner lay down he almost fell off as his side of the bed had collapsed. He got out to have a look, pulled back the sheets and noticed that there was blood on the bed sheet, okay there wasn't loads but it's blood there shouldn't be any!
There must be better places in the same budget near by, I'd check them out before booking here.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CheesyClaire
Reviewed 18 February 2015

I spent 2 nights here and found the motel to be very convenient and the staff to be exceptionally helpful.

The motel advertised free airport shuttle and I received this both to and from the airport.

The room was basic but both it and the furniture was in very good condition and spotlessly clean.

There is no air conditioning but there is a large wall mounted fan which in the heat was very helpful.

The only thing I would have liked was some shampoo.

although there is no restaurant there are several reasonably priced restaurants within easy walking distance.

Overall if you want reasonably priced accommodation I would recommend the Pacific Inn

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 December 2014

Stayed here again and was very impressed. They advertise themselves a budget motel and they most certainly are at the cheap end of the scale. However our room was clean and tidy and suited our needs for the one night we stayed here. We had a free shuttle to the airport in and back and they also looked after our car free for the week which more than covered the cost of the room in the first place. Very satisfied and will be back. Found the staff to be friendly and accommodating

Room Tip: The rooms at the back will be quieter as they are next to a busy road.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple