“belle repas”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Most enjoyable meal in a pleasant, friendly atmosphere with excellent service. Lobster Mornay and lamb medallions chosen, both succulent & delicious, smooth French Shiraz & finishing with a grand marnier parfait...yummy!

1  Thank kathydavis2016

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Everything about this experience was phenomenal. Thank you for the outstanding personal service, the incredible cuisine that delighted our tastebuds... I countdown to my return!

1  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We tend to visit this restaurant for special occassions, as the atmosphere, service and food is excellent. Last night it was a celebration for our 41st wedding anniversary. We are never disappointed. Liberty makes you feel very special the moment you enter the establishment and is the ultimate host.
We both chose Beef Wellington and shared a Grand Marnier Parfait (because we were full) . The food is always cooked to perfection by Christian.
This is why we have dined here for over 20 years and will continue to do so!

2  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Visited this restaurant for the first time last night 17/3. I wish we had visited before. We were warmly greeted by Liberty and seated. Straight away my husband and I said how relaxing the embience was, and the music light and in the background. Why hadn’t we been here before??

The lovely waitress on the night ( my sincere apologies for not having the young lady’s name) brought the menu and we ordered pre dinner drinks. What a gem this lady is. Well mannered, smiling and a breath of fresh air. Some less than enthusiastic servers in other venues could take a leaf from her book.

My vodka martini was perfection. I have had several made around the bay, but never received the correct mix, even once having it served on crushed ice! The only thing I would suggest here is a Martini glass. That is not a complaint, just a suggestion from a martini drinker

The menu is extensive and mouth watering. I ordered escargot and my husband had les cervelles (crumbed lambs brains). Both absolutely delicious. For mains my husband had Barramundi Almondine, which he commented was “unbelievably delicious” and I had the Beef Wellington. Cooked to perfection. Both dishes were accompanied by perfectly cooked vegetables, artistically presented with crumbed potato balls.

Then came the dessert menu. Unbelievable. We actually didn’t know if we could fit this in but gave it a go. I had Chocolate Mousse Neufchâtel. A really decent size serve and the best I’ve eaten in a long time. My husband had Fruit Sorbet. Three scoops, one each strawberry, lemon and mango. The best and most flavoursome he had eaten, and first time ever, he couldn’t finish the dish.

We thought we were done, but then the lovely Liberty arrived with beautifully presented petit four. Delicious morsels of bite size deserts set on ice and dry ice, which was flowing with steam like waves set in a beautiful glass parfait bowl. Sensational.

Some comments say the menu is expensive. Not at all. In fact it is on par with every other decent restaurant around, the difference here is the quality of the food, the plating size and the customer service. Exceptional.

The interaction and conversation with Liberty and the waitress during the evening was lovely. Interesting and informative and always with beautiful smiles. We absolutely loved this restaurant.

We have travelled extensively and I have written several reviews. I have noted adverse comments on trip advisor, which is always going to happen, but can I please suggest if the good far outweighs the bad comments go try it and then make your own decision. We went against adverse comments on four occasions to different venues to find the most delightful places and delicious food. Aegean Waters is one of these. There are customers who travel to Hervey Bay for a weekend just to eat here. We met one such couple.

PLEASE do yourself a favour “go French” and visit the Aegean. You won’t regret it.

Thanks guys for a wonderful evening. We will see you soon. Sylvia

3  Thank ozzie47
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

After too many months it was an absolute delight to return to Aegean Waters restaurant last night.

My partner and I arrived ahead of our reservation and had time to sit at the bar and enjoy good conversation with Liberty and Ragara.

Liberty had prepared our favourite cocktails in advance so they were ready to go, served chilled straight from the fridge.

We made our food selections from the bar and once they were ready we were seated. Lasagne and the fried camembert were chosen for entrees, beef wellington and lasagne for mains.
The lasagne is obviously a favourite. It’s perfect. The beef wellington was also cooked to perfection, crisp pastry and tender beef served with a variety of vegetables. Superb.
For dessert, we couldn’t go past the theatre of the bombe Alaska which was delicious. Chef Christian introduced us to a new sauvignon blanc which was great, and we finished dinner with Irish coffees and chocolate strawberries.

Liberty’s exquisite art collection and tasteful music selections complete the setting to create an exceptional dining experience.

1  Thank S K