FindHotel
Agoda.com
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews the kitchen hot tub double room communal areas home away from home hostel artifacts facilities russell supermarket utensils brewery
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

This is such a unique and extremely well organised and clean hostel. We were collected from the bus which was amazing as it would be around a 30min walk to the hostel. The decor of the hostel is really cool and is covered in African and Aboriginal art. Our double room was such gorgeous, so nicely decorated and again it was the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in! There was a cosy fire in the common area in the evening which was so homely and the wifi was super fast. Really well equipped and highly organised kitchen and a really nice little film room. The showers/toilets were also super clean and the owners are lovely, welcoming people and dropped us back to the bus again. This hostel is like a home away from home. I highly recommend it.

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

When in Greymouth, this is the place to stay. Good rooms, nice cosy kitchen, free mountainbikes, big parkingspot, themed interior, near the towncentre and the sea. Definitely the best hostel I've ever been!

Date of stay: December 2015
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights, but this place is also nice for a longer stay. Everything was clean and well organised. The kitchen is very complete, suitable for four people to cook at the same time and has large fridges to store your food. The supermarket is at only 5 minutes walk. The showers and toilets are nearby the rooms and also nice and clean. The beds are good. As a bonus they have bikes, a spa, a sauna and fitness. (Don't expect too much of the sauna and fitness.)

In my opinion this this lodge is not only suitable for backpackers, but for all travellers.

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed 28 July 2016

I stayed at GVB for four nights a week for five weeks whilst working in Greymouth. I've done a bit of traveling, around much of the world, and GVB would be one of the best, if not the best, hostels I've ever stayed in. Russ is a bloody sociable type, and the WOOFers on site were friendly, sociable and good company. The hostel itself is warm and well set up. I stayed in several different rooms in these few weeks, and they were all well appointed and comfy. The place has got a really nice 'vibe' to it. Relaxed but very clean and tidy. I very much liked the hot water bottles that were available, and although I didn't use the free bikes or kayaks, others did and had a great time. I'd gladly recommend this hostel to anyone. I'll be a bit sorry to leave.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

My favourite backpackers so far. I was in a 6 bed dorm which was cosy, and had lots of room with seats and an outdoor patio area. All the staff were lovely and helpful. It was buy one night and the next night half price, which I imagine is an out of season deal, but $39 for two nights is great. Unlimited free wifi, that stretched to the kitchen, dining room and the massive common area. Several seats and loads of charging points for your devices. Tv room is great. Cosy, come and loads of movies. Max 10 minutes walk to new world grocery store and dominos. No worries with you hanging out after your checkout and they even drive me to the bus station when I needed to leave. Really sad to actually leave, I loved it. Wish there was more to do in Greymouth!

Date of stay: July 2016