“Kendons”
Review of Tealmere Grove B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whangarei
Tealmere Grove B&B
Ranked #14 of 29 Whangarei B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My husband and I were very warmly welcomed by Anna and Harry and treated to cups of tea and homemade apple pie on arrival.
Our room and ensuite were spotlessly clean and well appointed. The property borders on to a reserve and after a comfortable nights rest we woke in the morning to tuis calling in the nearby trees. Anna prepared a very generous breakfast and we soon felt like family.
This is a lovely tranquil retreat and would highly recommend the hosts and their facility.
Thank you Anna and Harry. We will come back.

Room Tip: The property is situated well away from road noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 February 2011

We spent 3 days in Whangarei while on the North Island. The Evers were most helpful with recommendations. Anne's breakfast was outstanding! We requested a hot breakfast and by day 3 had to ask for smaller servings. Anne was good about my food intolerances and spoiled my husbandI enjoyed walking through their lovely neighborhood.
Their garden is beautiful and comfortable. Our room was spacious, very clean, had an en-suite, refrigerator and wi fi. Anne freshened our towels daily. Laundry service is offered.
We felt that we made new friends with Anne and Harry during our time with them. It was a wonderful and comfortable visit. You will be pleased if you stay with them.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2011

My daughter and I have stayed at Tealmere B&B four times now. The owners are always extremely helpful and do more than is required to make our stay enjoyable. The B&B is in a gated cul-de-sac and I have always felt safe there. Our room is always spotlessly clean.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 7 December 2010

One the most pleasant stays in NZ :-)! Very nice house&garden in a beautiful relaxing area, but my most unforgottalbe memories are about the hosts - Anne and Harry who simply know how to make you feel at home, in a very sincere way. As solo traveller without car I was all the time taken care of and helped to get around by their own car if needed. Many things touched my heart - when I was waited home in the evening for the dinner or when I got a pack of sandwhiches for my long walking tracks or when I learned that Anne left some food in fridge especially for me the night they were not at home...
I spent 3 nights there and would always return!

Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2010

This B&B is next to a nature preserve and also on a gated street so it is both quiet and secure. I really enjoyed being on the patio and seeing countless stars at night. The bedroom had a large chair, loveseat, small table, fridge and microwave. The closet was lined with shelves and bigger than the bathrooms at the places we had stayed before. And the bathroom was definitely larger and better. They also have in-floor heating in the bath. There was even free internet, a ceiling fan in the bedroom and air conditioning! But the best feature of this B&B is the care provided by the owners, Anna and Harry. There were wonderful blueberry muffins and tea when we arrived and generous breakfasts prepared to our preferences. And after we had travelled to the Coromandel and discovered that a passport had been left in the nightstand drawer, Anna saved us six hours of driving by arranging for us to meet a family member who would be at the Auckland airport the next day.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple