“Wow”

Taj Curry House & Bar
Ranked #35 of 53 Restaurants in Thames
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 17 March 2015

Wow, a first class Indian restaurant in "time warp" Thames. A good choice of meals cooked exactly to your taste. BYO wine, friendly service and great value for money

Reviewed 21 February 2015

I read thru the previous views yesterday and on the recommendation of the previous 4 we took the plunge. It was worth it.
My wife ordered Lamb Kulma with medium chili power. It was simply delicious. Lots of flavours and chili was just right.
I ordered Goat Curry with hot Chili. Again delicious, although something was missing in the curry flavour that I couldn't quite put my hand on. But still very nice and I had never tried goat before! Just like lamb, but a slightly more intense meaty flavour, but not strong or gamey.
Restaurant was 7/8 full and a little slow on service, but hey, it was the end of the day and this is Thames.
Wine we selected was recommended for hot a curry, was a NZ varietal composed of Riesling / Gewürztraminer and absolutely fitted like a glove around our main curry dishes.
We will return!!

Reviewed 11 January 2015

Looking at previous reviews it looks like this place has had a recent change in fortunes. We went on a Saturday night and arrived ten minutes before a large group which was lucky and we got our food promptly. Mains were the usual range at sensible prices. Drinks menu was good and cheaper than most restaurants.
We ordered four dishes to put in the middle of the table and share and had them all mild to suit one of our group. We had two chicken, one lamb, and one beef dish. My favourite was the lamb jalfrezi.
All in all we were very satisfied. For our four mains with 2 naans, a juice, two wines, and a beer we paid $102 which represented very good value indeed.
Ignore the old reviews - this place really seems to have pulled its socks up and is a good option for a meal should you be visiting Thames.

3  Thank Ed R
Reviewed 18 December 2014

Everything else in Thames seemed to be closing or closed after 9pm on a Friday night. We ordered takeaways and had beer as we waited. Friendly staff, delicious food.
Well worth a visit.

2  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 29 November 2014

Recently visited Taj Curry house. A friend recommended it. At first wasn't really keen as Indian food is not something I'd say i am fond of but my wife insisted. Turned out they prepare food as per your taste. I wanted less spicy more flavourful food which they served and I must say i really liked contrary to what i was expecting. Shikar, an excellent asset to the restaurant was though busy, but did everything to make it worth the wait. He also offered complimentary drinks as the service was slightly delayed. But the food was worth it. If ever visit coramandol again i'd visit the restaurant again., :-)

2  Thank Alex_traverco