“Late Night Food Stop”

Taj Curry House & Bar
Ranked #34 of 59 Restaurants in Thames
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 18 December 2014

Everything else in Thames seemed to be closing or closed after 9pm on a Friday night. We ordered takeaways and had beer as we waited. Friendly staff, delicious food.
Well worth a visit.

2  Thank Stephen M

Reviewed 29 November 2014

Recently visited Taj Curry house. A friend recommended it. At first wasn't really keen as Indian food is not something I'd say i am fond of but my wife insisted. Turned out they prepare food as per your taste. I wanted less spicy more flavourful food which they served and I must say i really liked contrary to what i was expecting. Shikar, an excellent asset to the restaurant was though busy, but did everything to make it worth the wait. He also offered complimentary drinks as the service was slightly delayed. But the food was worth it. If ever visit coramandol again i'd visit the restaurant again., :-)

2  Thank Alex_traverco
Reviewed 20 September 2014

Once again visited our local Indian restaurant and we found new owners. Ever so helpful with the menu and sorting out Vegan options and chef adjusting recepie slightly to allow for allergies! Good table service with egarness to please evident. Our food was delicious, I eat medium hot and my nephew very hot and my partner Indian Hot. It is always difficult to finely tune chilli for individual taste buds and we couldn't complain. We ate Onion Badji, Chicken Tika Massala (medium and hot), Allo Gobi, Garlic Nann and Massala Nann. "Freshly Made"

3  Thank Bruce S
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Terrible service and bland food that is expensive for what it is. We ordered simple Indian fare: butter chicken (very sweet) and Dahl which wasn't quite right (maybe the creamy sauce took away the fresh flavour I am used to). We had to ask for salt and pepper which isn't freely available on the table and when we requested a takeaway container for the leftovers my son wanted to take, we were supplied with an unsealed polystyrene burger container and a paper bag. It spilt everywhere, should have just thrown it in the bin. Don't be deceived by the menu on the window, the eat-in meals were far more expensive for poor service and a lack of atmosphere.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I just had a less than average chicken vindaloo which satisfied my hunger but little else. There is just nothing extra to write about the food, decor or service. I won't bother to go back.