“Dinner Out... Mmmm!”

Taj Curry House & Bar
Ranked #34 of 59 Restaurants in Thames
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 20 September 2014

Once again visited our local Indian restaurant and we found new owners. Ever so helpful with the menu and sorting out Vegan options and chef adjusting recepie slightly to allow for allergies! Good table service with egarness to please evident. Our food was delicious, I eat medium hot and my nephew very hot and my partner Indian Hot. It is always difficult to finely tune chilli for individual taste buds and we couldn't complain. We ate Onion Badji, Chicken Tika Massala (medium and hot), Allo Gobi, Garlic Nann and Massala Nann. "Freshly Made"

3  Thank Bruce S

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Terrible service and bland food that is expensive for what it is. We ordered simple Indian fare: butter chicken (very sweet) and Dahl which wasn't quite right (maybe the creamy sauce took away the fresh flavour I am used to). We had to ask for salt and pepper which isn't freely available on the table and when we requested a takeaway container for the leftovers my son wanted to take, we were supplied with an unsealed polystyrene burger container and a paper bag. It spilt everywhere, should have just thrown it in the bin. Don't be deceived by the menu on the window, the eat-in meals were far more expensive for poor service and a lack of atmosphere.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I just had a less than average chicken vindaloo which satisfied my hunger but little else. There is just nothing extra to write about the food, decor or service. I won't bother to go back.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Superb Curry. The curry was fantastic and my husband who has typical kiwi male taste in food loved it and wants to go back. The Chicken tikka, Chicken madras, Chicken tawa are recommended. Very hot to eat there in Summer, be lovely in Winter. They do take out. Great service. Highly recommend this Restaurant.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

The food here was less than mediocre, it was greasy and there was no subtly to the spice.

The decor is basic, the service ill-informed. It was indeed the worst East Indian meal we had in New Zealand. Avoid avoid avoid!