“Margaret River Wineries on Mountain Bikes!”

Dirty Detours Mountain Bike Adventures
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

This was a great tour! We visited four great wineries and got to ride the countryside while at it! Far better than a stuffy bus ride - you feel like you've earnt your tastings!

All reviews
"stops"
"company"
"cape"

Reviewed 27 March 2016

We booked this on a spur of the moment decision and so glad we did. We did the sip and cycle tour on Easter Sunday and it was the best way to spend the day. Our guide Rob was great fun and very knowledgeable. Very leisurely ride around Margaret River mostly on bike paths and trails visiting 4 very different wineries. We were well looked after at all wineries with great staff who offered us tastings of some wines that were not on the ordinary tasting menu. Finished off at a small boutique winery with a lovely platter of food for lunch. Can't recommend this enough to and would love to do it again. Thanks Rob

Reviewed 1 January 2016

This company kindly made special arrangements to take us with our adult children on the Sip & Cycle tour on Christmas Eve. Our guide was friendly and knowledgeable, the bikes were in excellent condition (and far too sophisticated for this simple, flat road journey), the wineries were pleased to see us and offered an above average range of wines. There are four wineries in the tour and you're transferred back from the last one by car (good thing too perhaps!). You must cycle just 18km between about 9.30am and 1pm (not hard on flat roads) and the company will pick up any purchases you make. It is really well done. And the tasting plate at the end was must nicer than we were expecting - lots of different things!

Reviewed 14 September 2015

Rob & Graham took our group (I was riding solo as part of a group of 9/10 people) through the trails of Boranup Forest and did not disappoint. This was an awesome tour. The trails were fun and well kept and the bike I rode was in excellent condition and very responsive. Being a beginner and having not ridden for some time I appreciated the riding tips and the patience that Rob & Graham had with me and wasn't under any pressure to do anything I didn't feel comfortable with and could go at my own pace. We stopped along the way at various stages and was advised of how best to tackle what lay ahead. Our group was a mixture of ability so whether you're a beginner like me or more experienced as others were I would still highly recommend this tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and I visited Margaret river in March along with another couple, and we were so glad we chose this activity as it's the one we talk about from that holiday even now!

We did the sip and cycle where we visited a range of wineries, including some smaller "boutique" ones that are not on all the main tour bus circuit. I think around 5 from memory.

We were lucky enough to be the only 4 in the group (mid-week booking) so we really felt like we had our own private tour. Our confidence in bike riding was varied but Rob always made sure everyone was okay and kept our safety top of mind. Traffic was scarce as we were mostly travelling on quieter country roads. Equipment was also in clean and comfortable condition.

Rob was a friendly and knowledgable tour guide, always offering local information along the way. We really felt like we were getting a local insiders experience.

The best bit is that if you want to buy bottles along the way (which we couldn't resist doing!) they are collected for you and are waiting for you at the end of the bike ride.

I would highly recommend this as a way to experience the beautiful countryside first hand and explore the amazing wineries the region has to offer.