“Sip and Cycle says it all”

Dirty Detours Mountain Bike Adventures
Reviewed 1 January 2016

This company kindly made special arrangements to take us with our adult children on the Sip & Cycle tour on Christmas Eve. Our guide was friendly and knowledgeable, the bikes were in excellent condition (and far too sophisticated for this simple, flat road journey), the wineries were pleased to see us and offered an above average range of wines. There are four wineries in the tour and you're transferred back from the last one by car (good thing too perhaps!). You must cycle just 18km between about 9.30am and 1pm (not hard on flat roads) and the company will pick up any purchases you make. It is really well done. And the tasting plate at the end was must nicer than we were expecting - lots of different things!

All reviews
"stops"
"company"
"cape"

Reviewed 14 September 2015

Rob & Graham took our group (I was riding solo as part of a group of 9/10 people) through the trails of Boranup Forest and did not disappoint. This was an awesome tour. The trails were fun and well kept and the bike I rode was in excellent condition and very responsive. Being a beginner and having not ridden for some time I appreciated the riding tips and the patience that Rob & Graham had with me and wasn't under any pressure to do anything I didn't feel comfortable with and could go at my own pace. We stopped along the way at various stages and was advised of how best to tackle what lay ahead. Our group was a mixture of ability so whether you're a beginner like me or more experienced as others were I would still highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and I visited Margaret river in March along with another couple, and we were so glad we chose this activity as it's the one we talk about from that holiday even now!

We did the sip and cycle where we visited a range of wineries, including some smaller "boutique" ones that are not on all the main tour bus circuit. I think around 5 from memory.

We were lucky enough to be the only 4 in the group (mid-week booking) so we really felt like we had our own private tour. Our confidence in bike riding was varied but Rob always made sure everyone was okay and kept our safety top of mind. Traffic was scarce as we were mostly travelling on quieter country roads. Equipment was also in clean and comfortable condition.

Rob was a friendly and knowledgable tour guide, always offering local information along the way. We really felt like we were getting a local insiders experience.

The best bit is that if you want to buy bottles along the way (which we couldn't resist doing!) they are collected for you and are waiting for you at the end of the bike ride.

I would highly recommend this as a way to experience the beautiful countryside first hand and explore the amazing wineries the region has to offer.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

This is a super tour, Paul, Rob and the team are brilliant fun and make the whole experience, even taking our rubbish British banter well. The route is scenic and a nice level to cruise about and enjoy a decent tasting. Stella Bella was highlight, though the other large vineyards are pretty commercial compared to others in the region.

All in all a great experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 August 2015

This tour was as described, a gentle bike ride on mainly flat terrain, suitable for anyone that can ride a bike, no real fitness is required.

The wineries on the tour are well known and produce high qualify wines. Our guide, Paul, was an excellent host. He has worked in horticulture for many years and can explain how the vineyards are managed plus he is a mountain bike enthusiast and clearly had a good relationship with the winery staff. We tasted well over 25 wines at four wineries.

I would definitely recommend this tour as an alternative to driving a car on a wine tasting tour.