“Great pizza!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This was our first night in Melbourne having just got off the plane. The menu was huge - a little daunting but definitely something for everyone. Reasonably authentic Italian pizza, I had the pumpkin and feta one (not so authentic but very tasty!). Slightly noisy setting exacerbated by the fact that we were tired. Great for a group setting but not for a quiet or romantic night out. Reasonable prices and fast and good service.

There are newer reviews for Topolinos Pizza

Reviewed 9 February 2012

We took the tram from South Melbourne to St. Kilda without knowing where we were going. We stumbled into Topolinos without knowing anything about it. The salads and pizza were outstanding. It was just what we needed after fancier and more expensive meals. The service was outstanding. As foreigners, we talked to other local patrons around us and found they came back time and time again.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

First, and fore-mostly, I should tell you all that I have made pizzas for numerous pizza restaurants around Melbourne (often at minimum wage) so I know what I am talking about.

Here's the deal:

If your base is a couple of days old but your ingredients are straight from the farm, it won't matter. The pizza will disappoint.

Conversely, if the pizza base is freshly made and your ingredients are a couple of days old you'll probably be able to get away with it and you'll cross the satisfaction line. Hardly, a clarion call for people to patronise your restaurant but what the hell.

It's all about the base, folks. End of story.

At Topolinos, a Melbourne culinary establishment if there ever was one, you have no worries on either score. The bases are fresh and the ingredients also. You would be advised to book your table as this restaurant can suddenly fill without warning. You don't last this long (40 years) on St.Kilda's famed Fitzroy Street restaurant strip by resting on your laurels or your reputation. The people of this famed quarter of the city are harsh critics and any indiscretions are unforgivable.

To accompany your pizza, I recommend the Topolinos house red wine. It is ideally suited to the heavily laden pizza you will receive with a smile from your friendly waiter/waitress.

I'm more enlightened for having been fortunate enough to dine here dozens of times over as many years.

I know all about pizza but the pizza makers of Topolinos evidently know more.

1  Thank Pete1405
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The best pizzas in Melbourne. Eat their regularly and they never fail to disappoint!

Reviewed 28 December 2011

Love eating at Topolino's or ordering a pizza for delivery! I would have to say, quality and quantity wise, the best pizza in Melbourne! They are always consistent too, no matter what time or day you go there. I am a big fan of their Mexicana pizza and they also do a nice grilled chicken if you are looking for a more healthier option. The staff are always really friendly and service is generally very fast and efficient. f you enjoy people watching, try and get a seat in the window or outside in summer to take in the intersting sights of Fitzroy street! It can be hard to get a table on a Saturday night and deliveries can also be delayed during peak times so book in advance!

1  Thank Bbbelz