Room: we had a good size room, nice decor, but need updating. There are knocks on wall corners and some visible stains. Built in furniture are also looking tired and need polishing.
Noise: Every night we could hear a drumming noise of what it seems like a door that's not shut or old window that vibrates due to the wind.
The hotel staff kindly offered us to sleep in different room but we were directed to a room that's facing the main street - which is even noisier with the bar downstairs!!!! -. We decided to stay at our room and were provided with ear plugs.
Breakfast: good quality food, worth it if it's included with the room rate.
Service: all the staff are very friendly and helpful.
Overall: It's a nicely designed & decorated hotel, but the rooms facing the streets are very much glorified motel rooms! We were lucky to get a room that faces internally, but still had noise problem (the drumming noise). As it was a converted motel, structurally it is still a motel, very thin walls and really need good sound proofing! They seriously need double glazing on all glass windows and doors! Also there's a small pool in this hotel, and you can smell chlorine wherever you go.
It's a shame that we were dissappointed with this hotel. The website looks great and it potentially can be a really cool luxe hotel even now (I think that was the intention when they first opened years ago!). It's got a nice design aesthetic and feel, but the 'motel' feel of some of the rooms and the sound issues really lets it down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prince is Melbourne's premier boutique hotel, hidden in the cosmopolitan bayside suburb, St Kilda. With 40 individually designed rooms, Veuve Clicquot in the minibar and (MALIN+GOETZ) bathroom amenities guests will enjoy a stay with a difference. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Prince reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Prince Hotel St Kilda
- Prince Hotel St Kilda
- Prince St Kilda
- The Prince St Kilda, Greater Melbourne