“A place to rest your head for a night or two”

Colonial Lodge Motel
Colonial Lodge Motel
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Geelong
Melbourne, Australia
“A place to rest your head for a night or two”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

It's not pretty, or modern, but the Colonial will provide you with all you need if you just want a place to rest your head.

I booked the Colonial for 2-day/1-night stay, as I knew I would be out all day, and just needed a bed and a shower. It had the basics, a queen bed, TV, mini fridge, loo, shower, desk, air con and enough power points for my chargers. They offer breakfast which I cant vouch for, but is handy if you need it.

It's about 2.5km south of the centre of town, 25 mins walking. But there is a bus stop close by where you can get any one of the many buses that run into the centre of town. You wont be left feeling stranded, and there's plenty of takeaway and restaurants close by. (Mind you, the walk into town is nice.) For the V/Line commuters, Geelong South train station is nearby as well, so you wont have to cart your luggage down from the centre of town.

Owner was friendly (albeit a little over-friendly) but helpful. The grounds are nothing to write home about.

Book the Colonial with low expectations and an open mind, and enjoy the affordable convenience.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank 8caitlin8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wodonga
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Myself, My fiancee and 3 young Children rang the Motel and were going to book online. The Chinese Owner told us not to book online and he would offer the same price, just had to give him our credit card details. We got to The Motel at 9.15pm to be told we were going to be charged and extra $50 and he would not allow us to log on wotif because he didnt want to pay ineternet usage. When we politely disputed it the Owner started to get aggressive and his Wife and Daughter had to hold him back.
We had no choice but to stay elsewhere and luckily we got a room considering we had ourselves a 5 year old and 2 babies.
We SHOULD of called the POLICE.. Now 2 days later we realised this violent, abbusive man has charged our credit card for a full night stay. ABSOLUTE SCAMMERS.
DO NOT STAY HERE, PLAESE HE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank RebeccaWodonga

Travellers are raving about these Geelong hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I was embarrassed for booking such a lousy place for my overseas friends. There was not a soul in sight when we arrived at 12noon on a Friday. A man cleaning the rooms turned out to be host. As I booked and paid through check-in.com, I only needed to get the keys and fill a guest card. It was the first motel that required me to fill every single detail, including my drivers license no, credit card no and home address, in full! The door knob didn't work, and we got trapped in the room for 15 minutes everytime we wanted to go out. The toilet was small with a cracked floor in the shower. The beds were ok, only I was scratching all over when I slept. We also only had 1 small portable heater which didn;t do much to heat the room. I would love to give you something positive, but I can't think of any. Good Luck if you have already booked the room. (i should've taken photos, Damn!)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends