“Love Lekker”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The best breakfast place in Ballarat
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband & I love Lekker. The SJ & The Whipper are delicious! Coffee is fantastic 99.9% of the time but every so often there’s one that’s a tad burnt but still drinkable. Service is always lovely. Their hollandaise is the best I’ve had.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We always stop off for a break in Ballarat when driving to and from Melbourne and this cafe is our new favourite.

Excellent staff, food and service. Could not fault it at all. It was a busy lunchtime and the staff were rushed off their feet but kept smiling and were always friendly and keen to help.

Food is excellent with all day breakfast available and a great variety. Even the gluten free bread was nice!

They cater for food intolerances and the staff are aware of ingredients and able to inform me of gluten content without checking with the kitchen - as someone with coeliac, I didn’t feel I was being awkward by asking (whereas in some cafes this is not the case).

There are plenty of tables and some booths. It is clean, comfortable and welcoming.

Perfect!

1  Thank RichardT2197
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Came for breakfast with family on a Saturday. I had he scrambled eggs and toast with bacon, which was very good (especially the bacon), by others in the party had he French toast and the pancakes which looked (and by their accounts tasted) amazing. The coffee was delicious. Service was friendly and efficient. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I was staying a couple of doors away so this was very convenient for Sunday breakfast before I headed back to Melbourne. It lived up to all the good reviews. I arrived just after 9:00 and several tables were already occupied. The service was quick, friendly and efficient. I struggled to decide between something healthy and something that I really wanted and ended up opting for pancakes with berries and cream. They arrived very quickly and I enjoyed them. Coffee was good, once it cooled down enough to drink. Fresh orange juice was just OK but that is dependent on the available oranges, so they don't lose points from me for that. By the time I left it was well on the way to filling up, so it is obviously popular.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

The food was fantastic but the service outstanding
We arrived with our 6 year old with only a table for 2 available and they suggested we take it and they would move us when a table for 4 became available. This happened almost immediately. We then asked for a juice and even though it wasn't on the menu suggested we get a small juice and charged us accordingly.
The avo smash, eggs, and porridge were amazing as was the coffee.