“Wedges, Juice & Toasties!”

The Macaron Merchant
Ranked #80 of 346 Restaurants in Launceston
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Been to Macaron Merchant several times now and have always been greeted by great service and high quality food. I took my Mum there for lunch the other day. We order freshly squeezed OJ, which was really refreshing! We also had a serve of wedges to share and a chicken, bacon and avocado Turkish toastie each!! Far out we were full! The toasties were so good, fresh ingredients and such great flavour. Not to mention the incredible crunch of the wedges. Would definitely recommend this great cafe for lunch.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

I didn't even realise this place existed until my friend suggested it when I was looking for macarons as a cake topper...what a find!
There was a great range of macarons, which were beautifully displayed, which made for a tough choice. I chose some salted caramel, raspberry and then some peanut butter ones...of course I only needed the raspberry ones for the actual cake but couldn't resist.

It would be a great place to catch up with friends for coffee

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped it for an after lunch treat, tried 4 flavours of macaron, very good! I liked the salted caramel best, and my husband the choc-orange.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Every time I am in Launceston I make sure to pop into the Macaron Merchant! They always have delicious food and drinks! Everything they make is home made and certainly not artificial!!!
I have been known to sit in for a few hours using their free wifi to do some uni work, and for the reviewers that missed out on some macaron flavours, it is probably because I got in before you!

Reviewed 19 August 2016

I went to this venue today for breakfast. The venue is surprisingly spacious, and has a handy little corner to amuse small children. I parked for free nearby at the 2hr Coles carpark. My friends had lovely hot drinks, and I ordered Eggs Florentine. This was quite nice, and very filling. They supplied house water (which is great). I used the entertainment book voucher to get 25% off for everything on the same order. The décor of the venue was really charming, and clean. There were only 3 options for macarons, I was expecting more (not sure if this is normal). I will return.

MC2412, Owner at The Macaron Merchant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2016

Hi,

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and would like to thank you for your positive feedback. We are so sorry about the lack of options for the macarons (they were being made during breakfast and were out shortly after your visit) we do aim to have Atleast 8 flavours throughout each day and can be up to 13. We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,