“Sensational meal & service”

TiTANIUM Bar and Bistro
Ranked #69 of 347 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our meals were delicious - the lamb backstrap was so tender and very tasty with the red wine jus. The potatoes were delish too. My husband enjoyed the Gnocchi very much.
Our desserts were to-die-for & we savoured every mouthful.
Ros and David

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank MelbourneDuo
BusinessDevMngr, Manager at TiTANIUM Bar and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal so much, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. Thank you for your positive mention of various components of your dishes, it’s wonderful for our chefs to receive such positive feedback.
We hope to welcome you back for another visit in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We dined here a few times and found the food to be great. The menu is a bit limited BUT the food is well presented and very tasty. The staff are cheerful, friendly and helpful. We recommend the icecream/sorbet chill board to share ..... delicious!

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank TJandTM
BusinessDevMngr, Manager at TiTANIUM Bar and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experiences with us and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. Thank you for your positive mention of the overall quality of the meals and lovely feedback regarding our staff, it's a great reward for their effort to read positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I asked politely for a small steak and a side dish of green vegetables.after a long wait I was presented with a steak which would have served 4 people, 4 stalks of asparagus and green beans plus some inedible bok choy.
This cost $46.00.
and no ..not allowed to take it home even if I had wanted to.
Once bitten...

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank elise442018

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback seriously and use the opportunity to assess our operations and continuous improvement. I am very sorry you received poor service, with a lack of understanding, and a meal which you did not require.
This feedback has been passed to the Operations Manager, with the view to avoid this happening again. Once again I apologise for this negative experience.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Went out for dinner with friends to celebrate a birthday, for most of our group it was the first time going to this restaurant. We got there at 7pm, and first impressions were nice, modern decor, and being a Saturday night, was very busy. There were a couple of other large bookings already there and the restaurant was very loud.

We sat at our table and about 5 minutes later our drink orders were taken by one of the wait staff. Off to an ok start, it all went downhill from there.
About 30 minutes later our table still hadn't had food orders taken and our drinks were long finished. One friend flagged down a waiter to get another round of drinks for the table. When the drinks arrived 10 minutes later, we asked if we could also place our food orders. By the time our food orders were taken, it was 7:45pm.

We again had to ask staff if we could get another drink when we finished ours. I am not sure whether they were understaffed or staff were just unobservant, but no one took the initiative to come to our table and take orders when our glasses were empty.

At 8:20pm our meals started to come out. Two meals came out (salmon and gnocchi). We waited for the rest to come out but they did not. Instead a staff member came over to our table and said the rest of the meals would be about 5 more minutes. Why they would not wait until all meals were ready i do not know.
5 minutes later two more meals came out (pork belly and chicken). Then another two (pork belly and burger). I was the last one waiting for a meal and the waiter looked at us and asked the table if we were waiting on anything else. (Yes...obviously, one more main meal). But we just said yes, one more pork belly. By the look on her face, she did not have that meal, but all she said was ok, and left to go back to the kitchen. She came back out, and knelt down beside me and apologised that she had forgotten my order. She said the chef was cooking a new one for me right now and it shouldn't be too long. To make up for the inconvenience she was going to get me a complimentary drink, but ended up leaving the table without taking my order.

Again, we had to get the attention of a passing staff member to get another drink. When these drinks came out (only 3 were ordered), 2 drinks were wrong. A cider that was ordered in original flavour, came out as pear, and a jacks and coke that was ordered was actually beam and coke.

Twenty minutes later my meal came out. The girl who gave me my meal then offered to get me the complimentary drink. I said that i was driving so wouldn't be having any more alcoholic drinks, but we were going to have dessert so could i have a complimentary dessert instead. She said that could be arranged.

Once i had finished my meal which was now around 9:10pm, staff came and cleared our table then gave us dessert menus. The took our orders but did not offer to get us any drinks. The couple of us who were no longer drinking alcoholic beverages would have loved a coffee but we were not asked. And by this stage we were over the poor service we stopped asking for drinks.

When dessert came out it was about 9:30pm. By this stage there were only 2 tables left in the restaurant, ours and a large table of about 15.
My cheese plate had the tiniest sliver of cheese, which was gone in 3 bites, the rest of the plate was covered in crackers, dried fruit, and fruit pastes. The chocolate tasting plates that a couple of friends ordered, came with things that weren't described in the menu. The 'chocolate mousse' was either a hardened ball of chocolate ganache, or a mound of can cream that tasted like lemon. And the plate was covered in chocolate crumbs serving no purpose whatsoever.

We ate dessert and stayed chatting for another 45 minutes. For a Saturday night with 2 tables left in the restaurant, no staff came back to our table to clear plates or take drink orders. Some staff were mopping the floor of the other half of the restaurant that was now empty. So clearly the direction from management is all about closing as early as possible instead of serving paying customers. They could have easily made another $100 out of our table with drinks, but it is evident customer service is not a priority.

When we went to pay, i was the last one to settle our table, the girl at the til said:
Girl - I always love this part, what you think you are supposed to pay never matches what is left, how much do you think you have to pay?
Me - There should be $45 left, 2 drinks and a main meal.
Girl - *kind of laughing* Ooo you are close but there is actually $57 owing.
Me - Yes but the dessert is complimentary.
Girl - Why?
Me - Because my main meal was forgotten.
Girl - Oh you are that girl. Let me just go check.
*walks away to go and chat with some other staff, comes back*
Girl - Yeah, thats fine i'll just put it to the house account. Um, house account, what number are you, um, let me look it up, um, oh here it is. Yeah you are right, it comes to $45, how did you want to pay?
Me - Cash. (despite having a $50 note in my hand the whole time)
Girl - Oh cash? Going old school, who carries cash these days? Heres $5 change for you. Thanks so much for coming, have a great night.

All in all, the restaurant was loud, the food reasonably tasting, the prices were average, and the customer service severely lacking. As a first visit, we were very disappointed and wont be back.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank _Tavners_

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback seriously and use the opportunity to assess our operations and continuous improvement. I am extremely sorry that you received poor service on this occasion.
We did aim to avoid the situation that you’ve described by placing the two large group bookings one hour apart. We do acknowledge that two full time staff have left recently within a week of each other, and at a time when the city is in peak season, it’s hard to replace senior experienced staff promptly. This review has highlighted to us that taking two group bookings of 20 guests (whose numbers also increase) is not possible at this time of year with our current staffing.
I have tried to identify the group that you were a part of, speaking with a number of group bookers, in order to address this experience directly with the booker or yourself, to make amends. But have been unable to identify which group you belonged to. Please accept my sincere apology for this experience.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

We enjoyed our meals at the Titanium Bistro. Ours were a good size and still had room for dessert. We did see some things such as the fish and chips which were a small service for an expensive price.

Date of visit: February 2018
BusinessDevMngr, Manager at TiTANIUM Bar and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your meals with us and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. We look forward to seeing you again soon.