All reviews games room bbq area continental breakfast great hosts new owners free wifi an update stayed nights pam motel spa accommodation facilities tasmania unit cbd
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Property owner is super friendly during our stay. We were late for breakfast but they stayed open and even help us to cook our eggs and replenish the food and beverages.
Our room was smaller than expectation but it was comfortable for 6 adults. Only gripe is that the toilet needs some reno work and somehow there was a stench even after we flush.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
VillageFamilyMI, Manager at Village Family Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Will,

Thank you for your feedback. We took care of the toilet issue. thanks for highlighting.

Hoping to see you back soon

VFMI

Reviewed 2 September 2018

This was the first time I've stayed at this property and it certainly won't be our last. Our check-in was after-hours and I could not fault the ease and security of the system this hotel uses. It took us only a few moments to find our room and when we entered we did not expect such a large, homely room with a separate bedroom for our teens. The room was slightly cold but warmed up reasonably quickly as did the electric blankets which were very appreciated. Tea and coffee was available to make in the room and we were welcome when we needed to ask for extra milk. During our stay we found it surprisingly quiet considering the location and amount of other guests. Also the view of Launceston was amazing, both day and night. At check-out we were met by a lovely lady who welcomed and farewelled us warmly as reception was closed. Later that morning we were contacted by staff as they had been unavailable at check-in and check-out, to enquire of our stay. We expressed we couldn't of been more happy and appreciated the consideration of the call. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends and also stay again on our next Launceston trip.

Room Tip: all rooms are easily accessible and appear to have great views of the city
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Hi Melchatwin2707,

Thank you for your lovely review. It def made my day :)
Cant thank you enough

VFMI

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Great hosts,great location.
Very noisy with traffic,paper thin walls as you can hear other guests on either side of the rooms.
Very outdated rooms but clean and tidy.
Beds are comfortable,very small bathrooms
Good continental breakfast.

Room Tip: If you want quiet then this is not the right place to sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Hi LGP68,

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I’ve stayed here several times before and enjoyed each stay.
I’d booked for one night but when I arrived I added another two nights. However the Village is under New Management. They cancelled breakfast Monday morning even though breakfast was included in the tariff. Sunday night they turned off all the lights in the complex early, thus I drove right past the venue and once I arrived I had to walk down a dark walkway and steps, room was not serviced for three days, only changing towels, not making bed or cleaning bathroom, not even emptying rubbish bins.
I travel all the time and have never seen a venue go down hill so fast. Very disappointed. Will not book here again!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank LindaH2842
VillageFamilyMI, Owner at Village Family Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Linda,

Thanks for the review. I apologized that you had some issues while your stay.

Yes, we cancelled the breakfast as explained to you. This is family run motel, we had only 4 rooms occupied for Sunday night and it was not worth opening for it. But if you had requested to have breakfast in the restaurant, we could have done for you.

We would like to mention that we took over VFMI just last November and since then we have put complete new bedding, new towels, crockery, painted the pool and sauna and more projects on the way to make it better.

I apologized if any day service was missed to your room and issue with the walk way light. I will look in to it and make sure does not happen in future.

Again my sincere apologies to you.

Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

On the upside the motel staff were great, on the downside the bed was tired and uncomfortable and the all night noise of 16 wheelers climbing or descending the steep highway gradient across from the motel woke us on average every 15 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple