“2 nights in a row!!!”

Ranked #19 of 331 Restaurants in Launceston
Price range: US$46 - US$98
Cuisines: Asian, European, Australian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Launceston's premier waterside dining experience showcasing contemporary Australian cuisine with an Asian flair and a great wine & drinks list featuring local wines, beers and spirits.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

No large detailed review needed... I have travelled all over the world.. Mudbar hands down best meal I have ever ever had!! We loved it so much i have booked again for tomorrow night!! Aaron was the star of the night. Thank you for your wonderful service

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had several issues when we are here. The first was, the menu was far too complicated. There is SO much on the menu that you feel a bit lost trying to navigate it. I feel like they should cut it down and maybe be a bit more consistent with that's on offer. There was also a lack of consistency in our waiters, which is fine but one waiters delivery was extremely posh as though we were in a fine dining environment and the other two were really laid back and casual. It came across as a bit odd. We had 2 courses each, sharing the starter and dessert. The salmon sashimi came with a sort of cream which was really odd - and was more like smoked salmon strips than sashimi. It was pretty bland and we were very impressed with it. Our mains were good. However, we were again let down by the dessert which was espresso creme brulee but had more of a mousse consistency and there were just far too many different flavours going on. At the end of the night, we were practically ignored when given the bill and ended up taking it to the counter. This was despite being one of maybe 4 or 5 tables left. The waitress seemed more concerned in clearing tables than letting us pay for the meal. When we did finally pay, the man at the counter watched me enter my pin for my card, which was really disconcerting. We only had one night in Launceston as we were visiting from Melbourne and we regretted choosing this place for dinner.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had a great dinner at mudbar with my fiancé. The service was friendly and prompt. Great selection of wines. Highly recommend the oysters and duck, but actually all the dishes were great!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I moved away from Launceston a few years ago, but came back this weekend to see family and friends and have been amazed by the growing quality I’ve experienced in dining in and around Launceston.
My partner and I met friends at Mud for dinner Sunday evening, and were blown away by the experience.
The variety in the menu was incredible, highlighting the best of fresh, amazing Tasmanian produce.
I am a lover of great Lamb, so I had the lamb ribs, and a sample of my partners ravioli and they were both tender, delicious and well accompanied. A well appreciated contrast from other venues on this trip.

As much as my table enjoyed the food, the service was what left the strongest impression. Every staff member we spoke to was incredible; friendly, knowledgable and had an obvious desire to make our evening as enjoyable as possible. They were attentive to our table and offered informed suggestions and recommendations when requested. We could not have asked for more.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

There’s a reason we were taken out by friends to Mudbar. It has food that is all it ‘should’ be and so much more. The food itself was spot on in every way. The steaks we all ordered were exactly as ordered and the cuts of meat were so flavourful. The horseradish cream was perfect. Even the leaves on the plate (never a nice addition) were exactly what was needed to make this a perfect dish.

The entrees before it were so flavourful and packed a delicious punch.

The only let down was that we were not expecting the sugar hit that came with our desserts. Something a little more savoury (other than cheese) would have been nice.

Wine / cocktails were as good as you could hope. And this was all wrapped up with attentive, friendly and first rate service.

Thanks Mudbar. We will be a return customer. No doubt!