“Authentic Thai Cuisine in Wollongong ”

Carnation Thai Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 493 Restaurants in Wollongong
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: The authentic taste of Thailand has arrived at the Crown St Wollongong I Take away I Delivery I Walk in always welcome.
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

As I live in Bangkok, I wanted to try out one of the local Thai restaurants as well during my recent business trip to Wollongong. Thai Carnation did not disappoint as it was recommended by the the locals as the more authentic Thai food restaurant. I tried out two dishes which came in a generous portion. A nice bottle of wine rounded up the great experience. Easily 4 stars ****

1  Thank Claudius K

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Four of us had dinner here before a show in the Spiegel tent, seemswe weren't alone, the restaurant was bustling. The staff seems a little flustered which resulted in them not paying enough attention to our requests. Sav blanc ordered but chardonay delivered. Johnny Walker seemed foreign eventhough it was on the drink list. Eventhough saying that we all enjoyed our entrees and mains. The service was not as good as we normally expect and get but that was outweighed by the food. These guys are a tradition, been around as long as us. Give them a go for good authentic Thai.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

We went to Thai Carnation for Valentines Day. We didn't have a booking, they were able to find us a table. Good prices meals, only thing that found was the serving of rice was small.
Other then that we enjoyed ourselves.
Great value for your money.

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

We came here and the service was good considering previous posts saying it wasn't.

Good Food was tasty but very rich and felt a little unwell after.

All 3 of us who came had really bad stomachs the next day.

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

Lovely as usual.
I had the Chicken Larb (salad), loved it. Very tasty and fresh.
It's not cheap but it's quality.
We had take away at work and this is usually our go to Thai restaurant in Wollongong.
Good to eat in too.