“Super food but busy”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

This is a popular Thai restaurant and the throughput is high, so if you'd like a relaxing and slow meal this may not be the best choice. However, there is an exciting vibe and the quality of the food every time I eat here (3 times so far) is quite excellent. The menu is huge too.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Come here most weeks for lunch, service has always been abysmal but food usually makes up for it. Each week I order the same thing and this time they now won’t swap the flat noodles for vermicelli noodles. Waitress was incredibly rude & I withdrew my order. I will never come back here, nor will my co workers who I was with. AVOID this place at all costs if you expect any sort of decent customer service.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I've been a couple of times for lunch to this relatively new restaurant on Kiera Street opposite the old Regent Theatre in Wollongong. Although it has been busy both times, I have been seated immediately and served quickly. Over the two visits, I have tasted five mains and a few sides and all the dishes have been excellent. I always order a simple Pad Thai as a test of a new Thai Restaurant. I know Thai purists will think that odd or tame but my reasoning is that quite often you get Pad Thai that is very unbalanced. Kinn Thai's version was perfectly balanced. It was probably up there in the top three I've had anywhere. During the week there is a lunch specials menu. There is a large cocktail menu available plus the normal wines and beers. I hate going into Wollongong for anything but would make an exception for this restaurant. My husband was very impressed.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Two of us arrived 8:30, they found us a table in a very busy restaurant. We ordered Thai staples, curry, satay, mixed entree, and rice. Then my wife saw a dish at the next table and ordered Pork Belly as well. So she had the pork belly with rice, leaving me to clean up two full dishes with rice and entree. And every mouthful was great, even with a full belly. So good service, good proces, and very good food. Recommended!

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Terrible experience, poor service and we were served cold food. We went to Kinn Thai for dinner with another couple. We ordered three entrees, duck pancakes, salt and pepper squid and petite satay chicken skewers, all which were small portions but fairly edible. In the meantime our drink orders were mistaken, after ordering two cocktails only one arrived and then after asking again for the second one it arrived over 20 minutes later, the other drink orders were all served incorrect. For a main meal we ordered soft shell crab, it was stone cold. We informed a waitress of this and she took away the dish and said she would replace it with fresh, a few minutes later another waitress took away our plates with a piece on which had a piece of crab and rice served up. After some time what appeared to be the same crab microwaved in a much smaller portion was served up to us. When we questioned this the waitress stated that we should have “informed her straight away” and that her “friend told her to give us a half a serve”. We explained that we did in fact inform two waitresses after tasting the dish and that two seperate waitresses removed our dish and accompanying plates. This was a very poor experience and we will not be returning! There are many other Thai restaurants in Wollongong that are of a much higher caliber.

Date of visit: August 2018