All reviews during term time small fridge an overnight stay beds were comfortable bottle of wine staff were friendly university parking kettle cupboard
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights around NYE,
Good clean and tidy rooms.
Parking is also secure and easily accessible for all.
The whole experience was good.
If you are looking for a clean and simple hotel for the night this is the one.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I booked a premium room with a queen bed and a single for the lad. Good price at $284 for two nights on 29 and 30 Dec. Beds were comfortable.
Very compact room!!! Very difficult to use because of it. Three people with their bags made for a lot of congestion.
Cleanish some drawers and cupboards could use a dusting. Bathroom spotless and plenty of towels etc. and toiletries that were sufficient but low quality. No matter though.
There’s a very small fridge and a kettle to make tea or instant coffee (provided). Good quality tea and they were happy to provide extra for me.
There’s a full kitchen on the floor which you can access for self catering. It’s has everything you need including a large fridge and full stove and oven.
Parking on site was free and easy.
It’s a University hall of residence I think during term time but maybe always does rooms too. It’s modern. It’s a bit worn in places like the carpets but Hey, it’s a real budget beater.
Shopping is close. The one way Square in which it is situated makes getting in and out both easy (kinda) but also a bit confusing and I always felt I was going the wrong way. Actually I felt that a lot in Wollongong no matter where I was going or what I was doing but I know if I keep visiting I’ll get better at it.
Weather on the 30th was stunning so we went to the very nearby beach. We drove. Parking was difficult but in the end we lucked out up near the lighthouse and overlooking the south city beach and onwards to the steel works.
Yes I know that sounds awful but it’s not. The steelworks have been the life blood of this town and long may they continue. I’m n their own way they are a sight to behold.
The beach was stunning and the swimming great but the lad struggled to get past the very strong break. We went across the garland to the small sheltered harbour which was better.
Overall I recommend this hotel. Great price and very nice people running it - students I assume.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for one night in late January, 2017 on a 'Groupon' deal. We had a basic room with a queen bed, a window, bar fridge and adequate bathroom facilities.

We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the room, the cleanliness and the quality of the bedding / towels.

For an old converted University dorm, you would not otherwise have known. Definitely no complaints here, it was more than suitable for a quick 1 night getaway with free basement car parking and walking distance to shopping centres, malls, pubs, clubs and the ocean.

This is not a luxurious hotel by any stretch of the imagination, but ticks all of our boxes for convenience, cleanliness and price. Recommended and would likely return in the future!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SWCLGODDARD
Reviewed 7 February 2017

This place was amazing. The staff where amazing, and extremely helpful. I felt safe and comfortable here and would recommend it to others. Only downside was that lack of WiFi which was only available in the foyer, but apart from that it was a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelme123456789
Reviewed 30 January 2017

On a Sunday night, after the holidays were over, I paid a rock bottom price for a room that just about met my expectations. Checking in was a reminder that I was in something more like a hostel than a hotel (read and sign a page long contract about what I couldn't do). When I got to my room, I found the airconditioning turned off after 3 minutes, and when I went back to reception they said "Yes, we always tell people to just turn it off at the plug on the wall, and then turn it back on again after a minute". Although that did fix it for me, the plug was about 2.5m off the ground, so involved me standing on a swivel chair. Not good - and even worse when it turned itself off 2 hours later after I'd gone to bed. The lifts were broken when I was there, and inadequate signage to the service lifts meant I was left a bit lost to even find my room.
Overall, this might be okay as student accommodation, or as a backpacker hostel, but it's really not up the standard of a hotel, and I'm not sure how it is retaining it's 4/5 rating on TripAdvisor. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business