All reviews noisy area great location bedroom apartment washing machine and dryer excellent apartment light sleeper central location kitchen area secure parking crown street win stadium full kitchen within walking distance close to shops road noise reception staff short walk to the beach
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I stayed here for approx two weeks on business in one of the one bedroom apartments. The room was a good size and kitchen area included everything I needed for cooking evening meals (but I did stick to using the microwave as the cooker looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time). The downside of the trip was the attitude of the staff. One night, during the first week of my stay, roadworks started right outside my hotel room at 8pm - pneumatic drills are not quiet! I headed down to reception to ask if they had any information as to how long they may continue for and was informed "no idea". So I tramped outside and chatted to the workmen myself to find out their plans (they were drilling until 4am that night and a couple of nights following). I then went back to reception to ask for a set of earplugs (as there were none in my room) and the reply was simply "I'm sorry". So, one night of no sleep later, I headed back to reception in the morning to see if there was anything that could be done. Upon mentioning the roadworks to the staff their attitude suddenly changed from helpful to defensive mode. With staff stating over and over to me that "there was nothing that they could do" and clearly wanting me to just walk away. However, what the staff didn't seem to grasp was that I was not asking them to stop the roadworks (obviously they could not do this!) but to consider how they could help their guests. Small things such as changing rooms or finding out details of the roadwork schedule or providing ear plugs or simply saying "sorry" for a disrupted nights sleep, rather than talking to me like I was a child just did not occur to them. I did ask to talk to the manager (regarding the attitude and unhelpful staff) and was pointed to a gentleman standing a reception, however, when I talked to him he was more interested in looking at his shoes than talking to me, only muttering a few words of "nothing to do with us". So Quest - please retrain your staff! I am a very well mannered guest and did not raise my voice once or speak impolitely to staff, but why did I need to ask for earplugs 3 times before someone finally provided some for me? Why was it up to me to find out the roadwork schedule? Or up to me to ask for a room at the back of the hotel (where it was quieter)?

In essence, the hotel is well situated within Wollongong with good size rooms, but unless the staff are retained I won't be staying again anytime soon...

Stayed: April 2018
QGong, Owner at Quest Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Sarah D

Thank you for your feedback on your stay some months ago.

Whilst we understand your frustration, as advised to you in depth when you made you complaint to our front desk, the council footpath upgrade is something which is out of our control. Unfortunately due to weather and construction hold ups the upgrade did take longer than expected. Unfortunately your version of the conversations you had with the front desk team are not the same as front desk staff.

You have failed to mention in your review that you were offered an alternative room but as we were fully booked the only room available was in the same location as the room you had, you declined this option. You were also offered the option to checkout with no penalty and find alternative accommodation to which you also declined.

In relation to the re-training of our staff, our staff receive continual training and will continue to give all our guests excellent customer service in a friendly and polite manner.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Excellent location. Very helpful & friendly staff. Spacious & beautifully designed apartments. When you enter the front door, there are separate entrances to each bedroom. Very nice! Good value for money. I will highly recommend Quest Wollongong to my relatives & friends.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Arthur

Thank you for your review.

It was a pleasure having you and your lovely wife stay at Quest Wollongong.

We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay and found our apartments large, spacious, clean, comfortable and our staff friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Wollongong in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

Everything was great. The rooms are big. Though I think the kitchen looks a bit old. Would have preferred one toilet to have a movable showerhead.

Great location and near to nice cafes like Lee and Me and within walking distance to the beach and town Centre!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
QGong, Manager at Quest Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for your review, Angeline A.

We are delighted to read that your stay was great.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Kind Rehards

Reviewed 2 June 2018

The Quest Apartments at Wollongong, Well first things first….. I want management to know that we booked in about 5:15pm on the Friday and booked out and about 10am on the Saturday, EVER staff member we encountered from the moment we booked in until we left were sensational. We (as people) always talk about first impressions and I have to say that the staff we spoke with are a true credit to Quest Apartments. These staff members had a personality, they were polite, knowledgeable about the area and could hold a conversation. If I could ask one thing from this review is that management pass on to the staff working over this period our thanks for their positive impression of the Quest Apartments.

Anyway, parking was a breeze, some spots were a little tight but overall it was secure and safe. The foyer and elevator area were clean, neat and tidy.

We were located on the third floor and had a two bedroom apartment. The apartment was spacious and had a functional layout making out stay comfortable and giving us all that little bit of space.

A couple of negatives: Out two bedroom apartment had to bathrooms and as each apartment has it’s own hot water heater we found that we were not able to run the two showers at once without one of the showers going completely cold. Not much point having two showers if you have to run them separately.

During our visit the weather was generally poor. Rain and strong winds. We found that something (I am assuming the exhaust fan in the bathroom) was banging during the night. It was only slight but did get annoying.

The entire apartment could use a modernisation, replacing some of the older fitting, little new toilets, shower screen etc…. In saying that there is nothing wrong with the current ones expect they are becoming a little dated.

Now it sounds like a few negatives however I must say, for what we were in Wollongong for this hotel was really well located, right in the heart of Wollongong. Close to the main shopping district, a very short walk to the Illawarra Performing Art Centre, Win Stadium, the Beach, food and everything else you could possibly want. The beds were large and reasonably comfortable.

Overall, I would defiantly stay here again and I would recommend these apartments to people wanting to stay in the Wollongong area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
QGong, Owner at Quest Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Thank you for your great review, Mick K

It is extremely pleasing to read that you had a fantastic stay at Quest Wollongong.

We have passed your comments to our team who appreciate the time you have taken to mention them. It is often to easy for us all to point out what we are not doing so well however easy to forget to let someone know when they have made a positive impact on us.

In relation to your comments regarding the shower and the exhaust fan, we have passed your comments to our maintenance team for immediate action.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Wollongong in the new future.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Spent a night here after traveling down the Grand Pacific Drive. Rooms were clean and comfy. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Parking available for $12 per night but is on a first come first serve basis. Location pretty central and close to shops/restaurants.

Overall pretty comfy place located quite central to Wollongong CBD.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
QGong, Owner at Quest Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

We are pleased to read you had a great stay, our rooms were clean and comfy, we were ideally located and our reception staff friendly and helpful.

We look forward to you returning to Quest Wollongong to explore our beautiful city further.

Hope Yu- Franchisee