All reviews continental breakfast one bedroom apartment towradgi beach full kitchen fully functional kitchen self cater separate kitchen minute drive living room undercover parking lounge area room service good size these apartments comfortable stay definitely stay here again staff were friendly
Reviewed 27 January 2017

Stayed at these apartments for 5 nights during a national hockey tournament. Stayed in a one bedroom apartment which was very spacious, well equipped. Reception staff were friendly and check in was efficient. Free car parking either outside or below ground which was welcome in the summer. Guest laundry needs some attention as there are only two small washing machines and the staff use them as well for bedding. Not helpful when you have loads of sports teams staying there needing facilities. Rooms were clean and well equipped. Only issue was the King bed really needs new mattress as it was completely lumpy on one side of the bed, so no sprawling out!! Otherwise, I would stay again happily. Supermarket 3 mins by car away, so very convenient location.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the front.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
QualitySuites1, Manager at Quality Suites Pioneer Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at Quality Suites Pioneer Sands during the National Hockey Tournament.

I am so happy to read that you enjoyed a lovely time with us, and that you found my team to very friendly and efficient. This makes us incredibly proud to read.

I appreciate you bringing the laundry to my attention. I am sorry that these were in use during your stay.
I also appreciate you letting me know about the King Mattress we sincerely apologise for not being to your standard.

It is great to know that you nevertheless found your entire experience to be good, especially having the supermarket not far away.

I hope that we may have the chance to welcome you back to Quality Suites Pioneer Sands once again in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards,

Rebecca Bauer

Reviewed 27 January 2017

My husband and I have stayed here fairly regularly since Pioneer Sands opened in order to visit family in the Wollongong area and we really love this hotel. Our most recent stay was twelve days over the Christmas holidays. We love the one bedroom apartment and we usually stay in the same one each visit. It really is so convenient and like a home away from home for us. The room is large, has a lovely balcony and a full kitchen, dining, lounge, bedroom and bathroom. The bedroom has a large wardrobe with both hanging and drawer space. I do pack my own hangers as there are never enough for me for a long stay, but that is just a personal thing. There is a free laundry room in the basement and drying racks, laundry basket, irons, ironing boards etc are provided in the rooms. I know the facilities well enough now that I can move straight in and get set up for the stay - a luggage trolley is provided and there is a lift from the basement carpark to each floor so unpacking is easy. The usual kitchen utensils are provided, but staff are also really helpful if there is something extra that I need. Breakfast is available in the dining room if you don't want to self cater and this Christmas they were trialling a room service menu for dinner. We sampled the sliders one night and they were delicious and good value. I find the staff exceptionally accommodating and nice touches like a Christmas card and chocolates from them demonstrate their effort to make everyone feel at home. Their cheery "Welcome Back" always puts a smile on our faces and it is a real treat to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sapphire5860

Dear Sapphire5860 ,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at Quality Suites Pioneer Sands.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us once again, and especially found your room to be “home away from home” especially over such a special period. We take great pride in ensuring that each of our guests are made to feel very much at home Quality Suites Pioneer Sands, this is lovely to read and has put a smile on the teams face. I have shared your kind words with my team. Thank you.
It is wonderful to read that you have used our facilities, and that you also found everyone at the Hotel to be helpful and friendly. I really am incredibly lucky to have such an amazing team caring for our guests, and so I am thrilled to see their hospitality recognised!
Our Room Service is off to a greats start and we are glad you have rated it as “Great Value”, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to share this lovely comment with us. It really means a great deal to hear from our guests when we have made a stay so special especially over Christmas and thank you for your amazing card and chocolates!
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us at Quality Suites Pioneer Sands, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards,
Rebecca Bauer

Reviewed 16 January 2017

I've stayed at Quality Suites twice in the past 6 months - first for a corporate conference on site, and more recently for a family get away (I returned with my family because I was so happy with the stay the first time). On both occasions, I was in a two bedroom apartment. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and with everything I'd expect from an apartment style hotel. The kitchens and bathrooms are good, although my one criticism is that the shower heads are tiny and very difficult to move, so they are basically pointing at the floor or the wall - not a great showering experience. Staff have always been extremely friendly and helpful. I had breakfast on both occasions - it is only continental, and with a fairly limited choice, but again, perfectly adequate - and buffet style, so you certainly get the most for the $15 cost (which is much less than you'd pay for breakfast at any Wollongong cafe). During our family stay, we used the pool - which, while not terribly attractive as pools go, was great for the kids, and had plenty of room. The location of this hotel is great - 5 minutes to Wollongong Uni, 10 minutes to the centre of Wollongong, and 2 minutes to Towradgi Beach. I will definitely stay there again, and would recommend it to anyone who needs somewhere to stay for a family or business visit (although probably not for a romantic weekend away!)

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2017

When arriving here, it looked really lovely & great, friendly reception staff. Once we got our car in to the undercover car park, we were fine. Very tight squeeze and even harder with a 4WD, narrow spots and hard driving under due to pole in the middle of the road.
Once in our room, it looked fine for the 3 of us. Unfortunately there is no air conditioning in the bedroom and it was extremely hot. Needs at least a ceiling fan to help in the bedroom. As we were here for the U13 boys State Indoor Hockey Championship we only had one of our boys staying with us as the other one was staying at the Mantra with the team. Our 16 ended up sleeping on the couch, which was great for hi. As this room had the air conditioning.
Now the problems started when we went to use the kitchen. It hadn't been cleaned and all the glasses were dirty & floor and benches were filthy, called reception and they were fantastic. Came immediately to clean everything, which was great. Unfortunately we didn't check the cutlery or plates etc and when going to use them for breakfast they too were filthy. Once again reception staff were quick to fix the situation & house keeping attended to it all immediately, cleaning the apartment for us. Hoping nothing else goes wrong and we can enjoy our trip here.
Pool and gym are really good. We also thought it might be noisy as there were players staying here from U21's men and women's WA teams but they were very quiet. Other than a few hiccups to start this is a lovely place to stay at.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Went here as we were in the area for a wedding. I'd rate it 4 star for facilities but loses points on cost - the room was big, has apartment style furniture; ie with a fridge and microwave etc, bathroooms complete with nice products. There's a pool and buffet breakfasts, however it costs for breakfast. Access through the back to the Beach hotel. You could walk to the beach on about 20 minutes or drive in 5. The staff were nice, let us check in early. The only thing is that it was $260 a night and without breakfast. You pay this much for amazing 5 star hotels in the Sydney CBD, so I think it is significantly overpriced.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple