“Birthday lunch”

Salty's on the Hastings
Ranked #43 of 256 Restaurants in Port Macquarie
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A big change is coming, as of the 1st of February, the current Saltys menu will be pushed aside and a new menu will be written a on a weekly basis!! Sourced from local producers from what is currently in season, we strive to create a fresh and flavourful culinary experience for our diners. The weeks new menu will be posted to our Facebook, Instagram and website every Tuesday, stay tuned for our first weekly menu due to be posted on the 30th January 2018.
Reviewed 23 March 2018

The weather was overcast and raining but the welcome was very sunny!
Delicious food, very friendly staff and a wonderful atmosphere.
I would recommend the Blue eyed Cod dish, however as the food is locally sourced and the menu changes every Wednesday it may not be available if you decide to eat there.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We stayed at Jordan's which was also the best Caravan Park, we had looked at the reviews for Salty's and it was a must do! We were not disappointed. really lovely location with nice food and great staff.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

The restaurant overlooks the river and we watched a beautiful sunset over the river and then enjoyed every mouthful of 4 courses, delicious! the staff were friendly and very helpful with the menu and with a new menu every week we will be returning on a regular basis. We started with the flat bread and dips, then thai fish cakes and fried green tomato caprese salad, yumm!, then mains were awesome and ended with panacotta and strawberries and Banoffi pie like you have never had before, presentation on all the meals was great. Overall fantastic dining experience, already booked for next week.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Just wanted a nice inexpensive meal while on our travels from Eastern. Canada. My wife and I lucked in on this place as we were only wanting fish & chips, nothing special. We made a reservation by email (which they didn’t see or get?). The neighbourhood looked a bit dumpy at first, this place is really tucked away. We parked right outside, possibly a bad sign on Friday night just before sunset. We went in anyway and we’re glad we did. We were greeted by a very friendly waitress who’s name I forgot to get. We were shown to the table and promptly given some water to drink on a very warm evening, we had a perfect view of the sunset. She then told us about the local wines and beers on offer. I had a Sylver Bullet beer, excellent and my wife had a sparkling wine which she thoroughly enjoyed too. We both ordered fish, I had Jewfish which I’d never heard of and my wife had Barramundi. Mine was in batter, though I could of had the grilled option with sweet potato ultra thin fries and a salad accompanied by home made tartar sauce on the side. I’m not a fan of tartar sauce but this stuff, I could drink! My plate went back clean as a whistle, every mouthful was delicious. My wife cleaned her plate too. The food was beautifully presented. All the staff asked how we were enjoying our meal and seemed genuinely interested in our response. We then split a dessert, we had the triple chocolate mousse, I could have licked the plate. I thought the dessert was maybe a little over priced at $15 but it was superb. My 330ml beer was $7, about what I’d have to pay in Canada which in both cases is excessive, but I guess the taxes are outrageous in Australia too. Overall price was $87 for 2 with no coffee or tea. So not cheap but excellent food and service. I wish I knew that waitresses name, she’s a great asset to that restaurant.

1  Thank Jeffrey F
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

My husband, daughter , 2 year old grand daughter and i all had lu ch here. The food was delicious, crab ravioli, Asian barramundi were part of our choices. The fish was perfectly cooked and presented as was the ravioli and cured salmon. The strawberry tasting plate for dessert was superb. The service was prompt and attentive as well as friendly. The location is exquisite. Thank you Saltys, we'll be returning.

2  Thank Pennart