“Was nice, nice view and food bit over priced.”

Spinnakers Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 236 Restaurants in Port Macquarie
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located at Sails Resort
Reviewed 18 February 2017

Was a nice meal me and my girlfriend had, but the price was too high for the small amount of food you got, Granted it was kind of fancy and im not used to that.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

First time here and went with four long-time locals. My first impression of the restaurant was a disappointment. As it is set in Rydges Sails Resort I expected something better than bare tables and vinyl seating, although the outlook to the river and marina was very pleasant. The locals all commented that "It must be the holiday menu" as mains were all about $3 more expensive than previously. Entrees low $20s, mains high $30s and desserts $15. A friendly waitress took our order. I chose cannelloni and the others opted for various steaks or salmon. I wished I'd gone for the salmon as it looked nice whilst the sauce on my cannelloni was almost dried up leaving me thinking it had been "kept warm" while the other meals were being cooked. One of the steaks got the tick of approval but the other two were not up to standard, being hard to cut. The steak knife needed a bit of sawing to cut it through. Four of us had dessert. The creme brulee and tiramisu got ticks of approval while two other diners opted for the apple tarte tartin which inexplicably arrived topped with chocolate icecream with the butterscotch sauce! The menu clearly said it was served with vanilla! After a fruitless wait to catch a wait-staff 's eye, one of the group went in search of one to ask for the correct icecream to be served. This was done nicely with a genuine apology. We were all still puzzled as to how that could have left the kitchen without correction. Before we left I went to the ladies room and the cleanliness of that left me unimpressed also. My overall 3-star rating is generous I think. Many other nice restaurants in Port to choose from. I doubt I'll be back to this one.

Reviewed 14 December 2016

Our daughter, a renowned chef in her own right, invited us to join her for an evening meal at Spinnakers restaurant during her festive season visit from the Blue Mountains. What a treat. We were informed by our waiter, Dylan, that a staff change had occurred since my last visit and that a totally new seasonal menu was being launched that night. When asked for a recommendation he narrowed the choices from an extensive range to three, namely the seafood, the pork belly and the venison main dishes. I opted for the seafood, as did my daughter. What a stunning meal!!!!! The chef originally had me at the entrée but the main meal had me astounded. My daughter remarked that the standard would soon see the restaurant hatted. I asked Dylan to carry my comments of pleasure to the chef, Kit Foe, who promptly cane to the table to voice his appreciation for our compliments and to wish us all the best for the season. What a wonderful finale to an absolutely brilliant evening. I shall return.

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Firstly I have to say that I didn't know what to expect. Hotel restaurants can often be a let down. This was far from that! It was the first night of a new menu so we were told and our table started off with a dips plate followed by three of the seafood mains consisting of salmon, lobster, prawns and scallops. The other dish on the table was a beef fillet. The only negative is that the meal come to an end. The dessert of tart tartin and creme brûlée was a total delight. It was up there with one of the best meals I have ever had and after working and dining in many hatted restaurants I have had quite a bit to compare to. The waiter Dylan was very professional but had a country charm that made us feel like regular patrons and the chef came out to the table after dessert to wish us a merry Christmas and to thank us for coming. What a fantastic touch. So all in all, a wonderful team with an exceptional meal. A 10 out of 10.

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

The good - staff are great, attentive, friendly and courteous.
The bad - the food isn't great and is ridiculously overpriced... $60 for a dozen oysters? Ouch.