“Very helpful staff”

Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I only wanted a light lunch, so told the waiter we would like to share the Steak Sandwich and chips, but didn't make a big issue about it.
Usually we just happily help ourselves from the one plate.
The staff split the sandwich and chips and brought them out on 2 plates.
It's these little details that demonstrate high quality commitment to providing excellent customer service.
Plus the food was very tasty too!
Looks like becoming one of our regular Port Macquarie eateries

1  Thank Wenelle

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Tuesday night is pasta night, so with 8 other friends we had a meal here. The food was very tasty. Staff were pleasant. As we were upstairs and it was busy, it was a little noisy, with a large table of ladies next to us. Would have preferred downstairs, but it was still good. Not able to split the bill, but that's pretty normal with a group. The special offer was buy a pasta meal, and the 2nd meal pay $5.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Got food poisoning from the ragu and had to leave only 30 minutes after arriving for our reservation. It was tasty but it came up just as quickly as it went down. Both my friend and I had ordered the ragu however we were advised that they only had one serving left, so my friend chose another meal and did not get sick. Unsure of how long the food had been sitting there before it was served but it was definitely too long if I got sick.

Clem S, Owner at Cafe 66, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Dear Amber A,
I'm sorry to here you were ill after eating at our restaurant, but I can assure you it wasn't from the Ragu, normally it would take 6 to 8 hours after you have eaten the contaminated food that you start to show symptoms. All our food is cooked fresh and to order and we follow strict food safety guidelines. I suggest it was possibly a coincidence or something you ate earlier in the day or maybe even some type of food allergies. I hope this has helped and has not put you off returning to our restaurant.
Regards Phil Cafe' 66

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Ordered the specials, beef ragu and lasagna. Sauce definitely look freshly made and portion very generous.
The ingredients can be chopped more finely but obviously this is not an upscale restaurant, make the whole experience more homely :)

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were on an overnight family visit from Sydney and wanted to have a good hearty breakfast before our 4.5hour drive back. You had a choice of the covered outdoor area or indoor seating. We chose to eat outdoor as the sun was shining through the clear roofing and it felt very comfortable. Breakfast menu was normal fare with some Italian twist to some. I chose the asparagus wrapped with prosciutto with 2 poached eggs on large sourdough toast with.a beautiful hollandaise sauce. My wife had the eggs Benedict with ham. Both dishes delivered in taste and portion size. The coffee was pretty good as well. Price would come in mid range and value for money.
Definitely coming back to try the lunch menu as they had some interesting dishes I would like to try. They got the trifecta for food, coffee and service excellence.