“Feast Night Spectacular ”
Review of Villa du Pays

Villa du Pays
Ranked #10 of 78 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Villa du Pays restaurant sits among the spectacular grounds of Leogate Estate. Taking pride in serving you modern Australian cuisine and to compliment your meal, we will be proud to serve you our beautiful Leogate Estate award winning wines.
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I almost didn't write a review because I don't want to run the risk that the Feast Nights (first Thursday of every month) become so popular that I won't be able to get a seat! My husband and I have come to most of these nights over the past 12 months and have loved every one. The Chef, Bryan, is passionate about his menu & talks about what we will be eating at the beginning of the evening (set menu with a different theme each month - this month was seafood). The food is delicious and extremely good value, with a glass of sparkling wine or beer on arrival and canapes included, and fabulous Leogate wine available to purchase at discounted prices. When we haven't had enough people to fill a table of 10, we have sat with other groups. The food and drink are great ice-breakers & we have met some interesting people, both local and visitors to the area. Highly recommended if you are in the area at the right time... just as long as there is still a place for me!

LeogateEW, Manager at Villa du Pays, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Thank you so much for this great review. We love having our regular customers come every month to our feast night and will make sure there is always a seat available to people like yourself. For myself and the team at Leogate and Villa du Pays, we enjoy serving our food and our guests and aim to create an inviting and social event that everyone feels welcome to attend. Thank you so much for your support from all of the team at Leogate Estate.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Loving place to dine, exquisite food! Staff were lovely and so friendly, the atmosphere and decor is divine! Such beautiful scenery, they gave us a free dessert and entree, so I’d say the price wasn’t bad either.

LeogateEW, Manager at Villa du Pays, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Thank you for this great review. We are glad that you enjoyed one of the packages that we have to offer (which i believe this one is with Slattery Helicopter). We hope to see you dine with us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here about 5 times now and I’m blown away by the food here every time. It’s absolutely exquisite! It should be a hatted restaurant, the staff are so knowledgeable with their food and wine and so accommodating with any requests. I can’t speak of this place highly enough.

LeogateEW, Manager at Villa du Pays, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you for this fantastic review on our restaurant. We have a great team of chefs and wait staff that are very passionate about their jobs and product. We look forward to you returning to dine with us again.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

What a view!!!

Spectacular landscape, delicious food what more could you ask for.

We had a great time and enjoyed the tasting wine along with our 5 course degustation.

Great experience, lovely hosts and food second to none.

If we come back to the Hunter we’ll be back. Highly recommend!!!

LeogateEW, Manager at Villa du Pays, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Good to hear that you had such a great time with us. Thank you for recommending us and we will see you again when you return to the Hunter!

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

The service here was impeccable. Their care and thoughtfulness for the whole group of ten adults and 3 children was just incredible. The food was beautifully served, flavour combinations were very good and the portions of mains and sides were generous and delicious. The amuse bouche and deserts were ridiculously good. The bombe Alaska was the best I have ever had. This establishment specialises in their aged, chargrilled steaks and for me, this was the only negative point. Beautifully cooked to order, however, their signature eye fillet at $52 was more chewy than I would have expected. I have had eye fillets that ate like a knife through butter for a bit less than $52. This point aside - I expect this was more a problem with the meat than the chef- the whole experience was worthwhile and is highly recommended.

LeogateEW, Manager at Villa du Pays, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for a lovely review of our establishment. We have a great team and i am happy to hear that you enjoyed the service so much. I am sorry to hear that your eye fillet was not to your taste and i assure you that our chefs try to cater for all guests taste and needs and we are happy that you gave us the feedback so that we can improve.