“Little gem of a place!”
Review of The Persian Place - CLOSED

The Persian Place
Price range: US$12 - US$21
Description: Newcastle's first and only Persian restaurant serving all sharing style menu ad sharing banquet. All wine and beer selected from The Hunter region. Menus are 99% gluten free with plenty of Vegan, vegetarian options
Reviewed 1 June 2017

This was our first visit here and our first taster of authentic middle eastern/ Persian cuisine.
The restaurant is colouful and decorated middle eastern style. We were seated out the back which was quite cosy. It is bigger than it looks.
We had a sharing mazzeh banquet with a great variety of dishes which were all delicious! and a must try. The Falafel, chicken wings, lamb sausage tacos, the pulled lamb - in fact everything had unique tasty flavours. It wasn't hot and spicy but flavoursome. There was enough for 2 without it being too much.
We were served by friendly, welcoming staff that were happy to explain anything we wanted to know. We were served quickly and the food was hot.
I think it was reasonably priced and I will definitely be back and will recommend to friends.
A refreshing change to find something a little bit different in both cuisine and style.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Have been to this restaurant several times since it first opened under another name. The food continues to improve and unable to fault the dishes we had. Great flavours and textures, nicely presented. Will definitely be back, looking forward to new menu soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Had a catch up with friends here because we had never tried Persian food. We weren't disappointed - went with the banquet so we could have a little of everything. It was great. The pomegranate salad was my favorite (though it was a hard choice because it was all so nice). After dinner it was only a 2 minute walk to finish the night with a stroll on the beach. Awesome place. Awesome food. Awesome staff.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

First time we have eaten here. Our wait staff was very friendly and helpful with assisting us with our choice of meals.
The food was sensational, we had the duck {meat just fell off the bone} with potaoes, lamb pilaf delicious and eggplant. The food was very complimentary with mixture of tastes.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Visited last Saturday night with friends. I wrote a review after my last visit, after a menu change, management assured me they are always trying new dishes to improve, I was not very complementary but after my latest visit I felt I had to right a wrong, the surroundings, service, and wine list is fantastic, but a restaurant is only as good as its food, and the food is fantastic, the best I have tasted, do yourself a favour and try this gastric delight with flavours bursting in the mouth. Well done, we will be repeat offenders.