“I’m sure the dumpling should have been delicious, but...”
Review of Dumpling Story

Dumpling Story
Ranked #68 of 623 Restaurants in Newcastle
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 8:40pm and were told we could only have take away, despite advertising being open until 9pm. We had traveled in from Nelson Bay and didn’t want to have the dumplings sit in the car and get cold for an hour so we left disappointed. Staffs did not seem concerned with a shoulder shrug.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

One of my pet hates is being seated next to a toilet and the door is constantly left wide open.Call me fussy but I don’t like eating my meal and gazing into the loo.
We dined here on Tuesday night and it was busy with diners and takeaway orders.We were seated down the back as all other tables were taken.
Now the food was quite nice and service fast and reasonably priced so no complaints there.However my wine glass had lipstick on the rim and it wasn’t mine!
My suggestion is if you do go,book ahead and ask for a table up the front or outside.
Would we come again?
Yes sometime down the track,always worth giving a place a second chance.

1  Thank thewise0ldbird
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Have been here a few times and never been disappointed.
It can get busy but its worth the wait for dining or take away.
Its not greasy and always fresh.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Very fresh and tasty Chinese food. Love the dumplings there all made fresh on site. Warning though once you start with this place you just can't stop!
The waitresses are so sweet and great customer service.
Only a small little place and it does get busy so i would recommend you book beforehand.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful feast of food with family to celebrate my birthday. So yummy and well priced. Great vegetarian food too. Loved the bok choy with ginger and soy, vego spring rolls, pork & chive dumplings and noodle dishes