“unexpectedly good indian takeaway in outback NSW”
Review of Masallas

Masallas
Ranked #18 of 65 Restaurants in Broken Hill
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 8 May 2018

I was in Broken Hill and fancied a curry so looked up TripAdvisor and found Masallas listed. I skimmed the reviews and found as is often the case that the ratings varied from 5 (best curry in Australia) to 1 (inedible)! As is usually the case I found reality was somewhere between these two extremes but closer to 5 than 1. I had rojan josh and vegetable biryani. Both were pleasantly spiced without being over the top. If you were being picky you might say the rojan josh was a little oily but I know some people like it that way. The prices were quite reasonable. Given I was in the middle of Australia miles away from real civilisation I was very happy to get a curry of that quality.

1  Thank Roger Y

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Authentic Indian fabulous food! Surika is passionate about her food and an obviously well trained chef. Never been disappointed and ergo often.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

We usually eat curries as we travel and this place has the best we've tasted in Oz. We had Malai Kofta and Saag Aloo. Wish we were staying another night in Broken Hill so we could go back.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We all ordered a thali and were very happy with them. There was no food left on the trays! I had the Goa prawn curry which was extremely tasty, I’ll be ordering that again. The naan bread was also tasty and homemade.
The seating out the front is nice and it’s nice to eat outside while it’s still warm enough.
Great service too!

Reviewed 15 February 2018

This is our favorite restaurant, we always order the Beef Vindaloo, Saag Paneer and the Naan. We have traveled all over Australia and love our curries and we still maintain that Masallas Broken Hill is the best.