All reviews paddle steamer stayed here single bed across the road opened the door bar and grill toaster and kettle comfortable bed upstairs room small kitchenette murray river air con huge room would stay again minute drive big tv free wifi
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Reception was very helpful
The car was parked downstairs, and the rooms are clean and quite large
Noisy when people walking along the walkway outside the window
The staff wanted me to wait an hour for tea as they had a busload of people staying, so I walked and ate elsewhere
I would look elsewhere before staying again

Room tip: Would suggest booking well ahead if wanting to stay
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2018

The pictures probably make this Motel seem a bit grander than it actually is but nevertheless I was greeted very warmly at reception and presented with keys and necessary details. The room was a decent size for the three of us and it appeared that the bathroom had recently received an upgrade, An extra large television dominated one of the walls and in general it was clean and comfortable. The beds were good and the linen fresh and decent sleep was had over the two nights. Only gripe would be that the walls are a bit thin as noise and conversations from adjacent rooms and above could be heard on occasion. Location is away from the main drag of Dean Street but can be walked to within 10-15 minutes. Overall though this was accommodation which served its purpose.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Booked for one night. Room 107. Reception staff very friendly. Room lovely and spacious and very clean. Used the restaurant for room service and the meal was lovely and prices good. Would stay here again and recommend this motel

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Our room had a strange smell but reception came up with Glen 20 to spray it as she could not give us another room. Her excuse, " We had booked for two days." It was a public holiday next day. The carpet had been cut out in the corner and a stand placed over it but one could still see the bare concrete. The curtains left a gap on the bottom allowing not only light on bottom but at the sides. More lights in the room from various appliances and the room was like daylight all night. The bed is right by the window and people ran up and down outside on the concrete just in case we did drop off to sleep. The bistro only open between 6 and 8.30 so when we arrived at 6.10, the waitress advised us to come back about 8 as they had two groups in of 24 and 18 who needed a drink first and then they had had to be served. The outdoor slippery concrete steps to the second floor would not be suitable for anyone with mobility issues. We could not park outside our room so had to park our car away from the room which was not easy when it was very wet. Breakfast had to be ordered before nine pm as it was not served in the bistro. No mini bar. We paid more per night for this smelly room than we did the next night in central Albury with breakfast provided and a very pleasant ambiance. Staff not concerned and I am not a fan a spraying Glenn 20 to mask odours. Would not encourage anyone to stay here.

Room tip: The best of luck. ( hotel ratings above will not click)
Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary D
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Looking for accommodations very late before a long weekend holiday I thought I would need to take what ever I could get. Well I finished up with a family suite at the Albury Paddlesteamer Motel. The idea of a family unit scared me. Wow, was I wrong. A fabulous unit, well fitted and exceptional quality. Newly renovated kitchenette, bathroom was complemented with good furnishings. The ladies at Reception were brilliant and the Restaurant offered good food at reasonable prices. Room service breakfast is often a lottery, not here, it was great. The complete package. I will be staying here again.

Trip type: Travelled solo