“Fabulous guides on Ride Of The Rings”
Review of Dart Stables

Dart Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: •Stunning scenery and river crossings on horseback• Visit Lord of the Rings and Hobbit filming locations by 4wd •Options for experienced and beginner riders•All gear provided - Drizabone coats, boots, gloves and safety helmets•Fully trained, experienced guides •At least 1 guide to every 5 riders •One of Queenstown’s best value activities
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Iam an experienced, horse owning rider from Australia but decided to go with Ride of the Rings with my equally experienced friend because we wanted to see the locations from LOTR and thought it would be more relaxing.
Great drive out to Glenorchy, informative commentary. My friend and I had our own breeches and boots which we were glad of,helmets were provided.
I did not mind what sort of horse I had as Iam experienced, ended up riding a lovely old boy called Red. Was nice to be on a quiet horse, as Iam used to my own!
The scenery is amazing and you can see so many sights from the films. Guides Megan and Amanda were fabulous, really made the trip fun.
They showed us where the Hobbit had been filmed recently along with numerous other movies.
Was a bit over cast the morning we went but still enjoyable and relaxing. I got along really well with my horse and ended up buying my photo from the top of the hill.
All the horses were in fabulous condition and was great to see that as soon as we had finished our ride, the girls gave them all feeds!
Quite pricey, do think about what you want (faster paced ride or just a chilled out one) before you book :)

There are newer reviews for Dart Stables

Reviewed 9 February 2012

We really enjoyed the ride with Dart Stables. We did the 'River crossings'-tour. Our group was small (only 4 people) and their riding abilities varied very much. Nevertheless, our guide succeeded in adjusting the level to all group members (by for example showing the non-experienced riders how to trot easily and by letting the experienced riders riding ahead and returning to the group). So, nobody felt bored or overtaxed. The horses were lovely and quiet.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Very knowledgeable guide who had worked on Lord of the Rings and had lots of stories. Absolutely breathtaking scenery and the river crossings were great. Great horses as well, go the Standardbreds!!

Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife spent an afternoon riding with them and loved it, the country is so wild and so stunning! Down side - seemed to be a bit too much hanging around before and after plus better riders are continually held up waiting for novices. Perhaps groups can be split?

Reviewed 27 January 2012

My husband and I did a LOTR tour and it was very fun. I hadn't even seen the movies yet but still enjoyed it. Our guide was also very sweet and helpful. She was American and actually went to the same college as me in California- small world! Fun horse back riding trip!